What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stream music to stereo receiver

dave_nh

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Have an older Sony receiver (845) and want to stream music from iPad 2. My tv is analog, so can,t use apple tv. Apple store suggested airport express or a 3rd party dongle. Help, what,s best and inexpensive way to do this. Thanks

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There are a number of third-party Bluetooth adaptors that provide an iPad-compatible BT receiver with analogue outputs that you could use to connect to your Sony. You'll see a number of posts about these on the Forum, with various comments, reviews and recommendations. They're all relatively inexpensive and widely available - Amazon, Radio Shack etc.

Tim

OP
D

dave_nh

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks Tim.
The belkin seems the most common with reasonable ratings. The airport express still is an option, more $$.

Now I,m wondering another line of thought. I have a panasonic bd85 wifi blue ray player. If I can stream movies from the iMac to the analog tv....why not my iTunes library and photos?..
Dave

Most reactions

Latest posts