What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Newbie question: Will I be able to stream music from my Ipad to my stereo?

durangojim

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Currently I have an older ipod that connects to a philips dock connected to my stereo which provides music throughout our house. I plan on buying my wife an Ipad and think it would be nice if she could stream music from that wirelessly to the stereo. I read about the airport thing but that looks like you can only use an ipod touch to control your computer to stream the music. Does anyone have any solutions?
Thanks!

Dorje

iPF Noob
Reaction score
As of yet we don't know how the iPad will interact with the Airport Express. It would be nice if Apple let's it stream to the Apple TV and Express... but I find it unlikely.

If you don't mind having your computer with your iTunes library hooked up to the speakers the iPod Touch, and likely the iPad, have a remote control program that can used to control your PC based iTunes.

Another option would be to use a heaphone Jack based household FM trasmitter, such as the ones targeted to provide older model cars (with just radios) acess to devices like CD playes and iPods. There are even specially made devices for older model iPods. The quality will drop off just like any FM signal depending on interferance.

Apple should already have headpone adaptors to allow you to connect standard headphone jacks into the Ipod and likely into the iPad.

Other options may appear at or shortly after release date. If this a major point for you, hold off and don't buy until you have all the details.

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Itunes, Apple TV, Ipad, and Remote App

Just for info I have a Macbook running itunes and an Apple TV which is connected by hdmi to a 42 lcd The Mac book syncs everything I have in itunes to the Apple tv and allows full control of music and pictures plus video etc I can access the Apple store from either... This is connected through a 5.1 surround system.

You can down load free App "Remote" on to Iphone 3gs, ipod touch and or Ipad and control the Apple TV from any where in your home as its wifi connected. I would expect Apple will update Remote and add more features to it for the ipad. I also expect the Apple TV to be updated some time this year may be with even more interface with the ipad.

It is possible that Airport express may work some time in the future with the ipad but at this point in time the answer is no.
Hope this is of interest to you
col down under

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It would probably require a bluetooth signal adapter for the less complicated route.

DavidNM

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Kind of what the 3030 does - you link with that - and then plug it into any stereo in / headphones jack

Most reactions