What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Strange safari problem

Tobiasrx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I usually use my ipad in landscape view and after awhile surfing the top left corner isnt touchable. The back button works though. Its only in safari the menu works fine. I have to restart my ipad for it to go away.

Also if i touch in an area wich works and then move my finger to the nit working area it works. But when i lift my finger and directly place it in the non working area it doesnt work again.

Anyone else had this problem? This has happened 3 times in a week now.

OP
T

Tobiasrx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No it is not.

I made a video of the issue

Its on youtube. Search for strange ipad problem.
Cant link it yet here.

mslammers

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Tobias,
It looks like a screen sensitivity situation. I notice often that this occurs with some of the larger programs. What it looks like to me is that the processor is lagging behind a bit. It is really hard to separate the OS behavior from the App behavior sometimes. Unless it is driving you to drink or something, I would try to live with it. I do notice that when you get the page to move by tapping in the center and then slide your finger to the left, you can still move the page. I suspect it is a Safari characteristic.

OP
T

Tobiasrx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Im not so sure its lagging cause im only having one page open in safari. It doesnt go away either until I restart my iPad. This has never happened on my iPhone.

pik0

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.TheDailyMapper.com
I am unable to recreate that failure mode. Tried many variations including what appears to be a tap-drag gesture that you did on the wikipedia logo. Still scrolls just fine for me. Same in landscape and portrait. I even brought up wikipedia to see if that was a factor. No dice.

Get thee to an Apple store if possible or at least contact Apple for a replacement.

Apple - Support - Contacting Apple Support and Customer Service - Phone Contacts

Piko

sairin8

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just had that same issue now... restarting worked for me, though I wouldn't mind not having the problem in the first place

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
If you're not happy methinks best to get it checked as pik0 said.

I prithee go to!

Most reactions

Latest posts