What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Safari stops working on occasions

khaldoun

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a problem with my IPAD2 where Safari stops working all of a sudden and I would have to restart the IPAD to fix the problem. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Have you tried holding down the power button and the home button at the same time until you see the Apple logo?

Then let it reboot ~ is that what you have done?

OP
K

khaldoun

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes, that's what I've been doing and it works but I was hoping there's an easier way or a fix to the problem altogether.

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
What version of iOS are you on?
And does the iPad freeze totally? is a reboot the only way out? or can you press home and do other stuff?

OP
K

khaldoun

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm on version 4.3.3. The only thing that freezes is Safari and I'm able to do everything else just fine. And. Yes, the only way to get Safari to work again is by rebooting completely.

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
So when it freezes next, try this.
Press home to return to your springboard. Double press home to bring up the task switcher. Hold the safari icon until it wiggles. Press the X to close it.

Then restart Safari. Is it OK like this (without a reboot)?

OP
K

khaldoun

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That seems to work!!! Thanks a lot for your help.

Most reactions

Latest posts