What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Missing text in new iTunes

workinonit

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm having a problem with the new version of iTunes.
On Friday I did the upgrade from within iTunes, and restarted etc.. Something looked different (I couldn't immediately put my finger on it) but I chalked it up to the new version. I then connected my iPad which was recognized as usual.
It then hit me what the problem was. Text was missing in various areas (from labels, buttons, check boxes, etc..).

The buttons & check boxes work, but there is no text identifying what they represent. (I have attached two screenshots).

I uninstalled iTunes and did a fresh download of iTunes64Setup.exe and reinstalled with the same results.

Has anyone else encountered similar problems?
I'm running Win7 x64

Thanks
Dave

Attachments

• ScrSht_1.jpg
    ScrSht_1.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 1,393
  • ScrSht_2.jpg
    ScrSht_2.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 895

Pocobear

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have Win 7 64bit and it works fine. You have done what I would have done. Only thing left to do is uninstall iTunes and reinstall it, I guess. You should read up carefully before doing that, because you don't want to lose your data and settings.:(

Hopefully someone else has a much better idea!

the_xpad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Same problem

I've just updated itunes and am experiencing exactly the same problem using Windows 7 x32. Did you find a solution?

OP
W

workinonit

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've just updated itunes and am experiencing exactly the same problem using Windows 7 x32. Did you find a solution?

Yes I did.
Turns out it was a font problem.
Specifically the Segoe UI font.
After doing some research I found others with the problem and several remedies.

(Crossing my fingers & hoping it's ok to link to other forums.).
Apple - Support - Discussions - iTunes iPod window is blank ...
and
Apple - Support - Discussions - iTunes 10.1 Missing Text ...

After hunting around in the registry as outlined in some of the posts contained in the links above, I took the quick way out and ran the registry patch pointed to in this article.
Fix Windows Vista’s Fonts! ~ Chris Pirillo

That fixed it for me. It was painless with no subsequent problems.

Good Luck

Dave

the_xpad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Putting back the missing font Segoe UI worked for me too - thank you

Turns out it was a font problem.
Specifically the Segoe UI font.

I still had this problem and revisited this forum just now and saw your posting. You've solved my problem - putting back the missing font Segoe UI worked for me too. Thank you!

barry.mccockner

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you so much!

I am not a regular to this forum, but I registered to say THANK YOU SO MUCH for posting your solution. This has plagued me for months in iTunes and I hadn't found an answer until I read this post.

Thanks again!

rooney

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am not a regular to this forum, but I registered to say THANK YOU SO MUCH for posting your solution. This has plagued me for months in iTunes and I hadn't found an answer until I read this post.

Thanks again!

I too just registered to say thank you so very much for this. I edited my text on my computer and didn't even think that would be the reason why my iTunes wasn't working. Thank you again for your help, much appreciated!!

Most reactions

Latest posts