1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Safari iPad 2 problem

Discussion in 'iPad Help' started by Too Tall, Jul 8, 2011.

1. Too Tall

Too Tall iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi all.

iPad 2 4.3.3. JB.

Wanted to start surfing with Safari. Swiped up to change apps, and couldn't find it. Odd since I'd been using it just a little while before. Relaunch. Swipe up, change to another app, swipe up, no Safari icon...

Went into settings, where I know there's a Safari option (between Mail and iPod). And it's gone! No way to open the Safari options. It works fine, I just have to relaunch it from the icon on the Springboard.

I've been installing a number of apps from Cydia, but nothing at the moment the problems started. I had the Safari remove cache SBSettings extension, and removed that but that doesn't do anything either.

I backed up the iPad, restored to a backup 2 days ago (and I would have noticed it not working, so I'm sure it still worked then), and it still doesn't show.

Any ideas? Any ways to re-install Safari?
  2. Too Tall

Too Tall iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    EDIT fixed...

I placed a bookmark on my springboard as "safari", it opened a personalised homepage directely. I still had the normal Safari icon on my springboard. I wanted to remove it, so I unchecked it in SBSettings "hide icons". This worked for about 2 weeks. Since 20 minutes ago it failed, and incurred the problem above.

I just unticked the Safari icon in the "hide icon" list, it re-appeared, Safari is back in the settings menu and its back in the switch app bar..
  3. Tim SPRACKLEN

Tim SPRACKLEN iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +120 / 0
    Thanks for letting us know - it's always good to hear when problems have been resolved - even if we were not able to fix it ...:(

Tim