What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Storage - iPad claims low storage, iTunes says something totally different

Elephant13

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi

I keep getting the low storage warning on my iPad. I cleaned out everything (downloaded movies/TV, photos, apps I wasn't using) but it still says 54.4GB used and 1.5GB free.

I have now hooked it up to iTunes thinking that 'Other' may be causing problems. iTunes says 50.67 GB free!

I've tried turning it off and on with no change.

Any suggestions greatly appreciated!

E13

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Maybe a reset will help:
Press and hold Home and Power button simultaneously until you see the Apple logo. Let go of both, your iPad will power up on it's own.

OP
E

Elephant13

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Maybe a reset will help:
Press and hold Home and Power button simultaneously until you see the Apple logo. Let go of both, your iPad will power up on it's own.
Thanks JA

Have now tried this and doesn't seem to have helped. Though how can I be sure it is doing a reset and not a normal power down ? it seemed to do it very quickly.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
With a usual power down, you'd see "Slide to power off" at the top of the screen. If you didn't see it, you performed a reset.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
With a usual power down, you'd see "Slide to power off" at the top of the screen. If you didn't see it, you performed a reset.

@ the OP - not sure that you have properly performed the 'Reset' - you need to hold both buttons until the Apple logo appears (see the pic attached) - this may take about 10 seconds, then you need to release the buttons and allow the device to reboot which will take a little while - try again, please. Dave :)
Hard-Reset.jpg

Most reactions

Latest posts