What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad Storage Problem & Movie won't Stream!

SPROINGY

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hi All :)
I bought a movie from iTunes. I had been streaming it (tapping the black triangle in the upper left corner of the screen) and watching it that way. Then, when I wanted to see it again, I repeatedly got the message 'Not enough space to download [this movie]'. Yes, there's the cloud with the downward arrow below the black triangle, but I was taking great care not to touch it. Mystified and frustrated!

I thought, well maybe in order to stream, I need more storage space free for the streaming process to temporarily use, so I *deleted my backup* which I think was about 750 MB. This did not solve the problem. I had hoped this would give the movie space to stream, and I could do the backup later. Anyone?

Second, oddly, something seems to be steadily eating up my storage space. I would typically have 2~3 GB of free space. An hour ago, I had only 40 MB free, now I have just 1.5 MB free.

I added up the space my apps were using, they totaled 2,500 MB- that's 2.44 GB by my calculation (2,500 / 1024). Even though my machine is a 16 GB model, I should still have lots of free space.

My iCloud storage looks about normal, of the 5 GB, 3.17 GB is available.

Thank you for reading! :)

OP
S

SPROINGY

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Just to follow up: As I mentioned in my op, I tried to stream a movie, instead I got a message saying there wasn't enough space to download it.

Last night, I browsed iTunes (on my desktop) and it said there was one download. I checked what download it was, and it was the same movie I was messaged that there wasn't enough space to download!

I cancelled the download, now my storage is back up (from almost nothing) to 6.78 GB.

Speaking for myself, I didn't expect Apple (or iOS 10.1.1) to do something that makes no real sense...

Most reactions

Latest posts