Starting to lose interest in iPad 2.

Discussion in 'iPad 2 Forum' started by donka, Feb 16, 2011.

  1. Hal05154

    Hal05154
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

    Joined:
    Nov 24, 2010
    Messages:
    132
    Thanks Received:
    0
    It can convert flash VIDEO to HTML5, sometimes, and does a half ass job with the rest. It does not convert all flash content on a site. Not really the great white hope.

    I'm pretty happy with my iPad at this point. I'd really like to see them beef up iWorks a bit. For functions and options. Then I'd be really happy.

    Hal
     
  2. DaveSt

    DaveSt
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Junkie

    Joined:
    Sep 14, 2010
    Messages:
    626
    Thanks Received:
    0
    I need to give it a shot. I usually just remote into my desktop PC when I want to view Flash material, but that is a little too complex for a six year old. It's hard to believe they give computer based homework to kindergartners ... lol.
     
  3. Seadog

    Seadog
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Guru

    Joined:
    Mar 25, 2010
    Messages:
    2,522
    Thanks Received:
    52
    The ad was pulled, and I saw where it is going to be $800, with a $600 wifi version. as for the claims that the new tablets are going to kill the iPad, that is nonsense. They are not even on the market, and they still have not released Honeycomb. Even if everything was done right, people are going to find that it will take more money or less features to beat Apple. Apple has sold millions and learned the same lessons that their competition has. When the Android based units brag about their features, I am relatively certain that Apple will be still ahead. If you look at how much businesses are working to integrate iPads into their systems, you realize that they are here to stay.
     
  4. Drag Bunt

    Drag Bunt
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

    Joined:
    Jul 13, 2010
    Messages:
    151
    Thanks Received:
    0
  5. zorah

    zorah
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Junkie

    Joined:
    Dec 3, 2010
    Messages:
    506
    Thanks Received:
    6
    I think it will be a toss up. I think there will be plenty of people holding on to their first generation iPads, like me who just got it about 2 1/2 months ago. People who don't have one might spring for an iPad 2, and the Android varieties will be part of the equation. I think the Xoom will enter the arena for sure, but I don't think the iPad is in danger of interest being lost in it. I am very happy and use my iPad every day. It's not just a toy but a tool and stores resources for me and very useful to me. The battery life and stability are a joy. So I haven't even lost interest in iPad 1, LOL.
     
  6. Blackbelt

    Blackbelt
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Enthusiast

    Joined:
    Nov 2, 2010
    Messages:
    335
    Thanks Received:
    11
    Trust me on this , skyfire is a waste of money. Does not work, Trust me.
     
  7. dougrogers

    dougrogers
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

    Joined:
    Jan 29, 2011
    Messages:
    152
    Thanks Received:
    10
    More precise? Skyfire converts Flash video just fine for me. It does not do sites, games, chat... or Flash anything other than video. If this is what you want, trust me, Skyfire works just fine.
     
  8. Superbike81

    Superbike81
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Addict

    Joined:
    Feb 1, 2010
    Messages:
    1,128
    Thanks Received:
    2
    Regardless of what alternative tablets come out, the iPad isn't going anywhere, just like the iPhone isn't going anywhere. It's good that we have high-end alternatives now though.
     
  9. Seadog

    Seadog
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Guru

    Joined:
    Mar 25, 2010
    Messages:
    2,522
    Thanks Received:
    52
    For those who think that Android tablets will destroy the iPad, a recent report shows that apple controls 60% of the touchpad production for at least the next year. Most of the other 40% of capcity is taken by RIM, Motorola, and HP. That means that all the 'second' tier manufacturers are dead in the water, without the touchpads they need to make a product. Also remember that Apple has secured all the top rated touchpad manufacturers, which means that they have the top tier production to theirselves. It will take years for the other manufacturers to increase their production and quality to catch up.
     
  10. donka

    donka
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Junkie

    Joined:
    Sep 21, 2010
    Messages:
    864
    Thanks Received:
    63
    Well if the Honeycomb tablets are a marked improvement on the iPad 2 then you can be sure that I'll happily wait for stock instead of opting for the inferior iPad 2!
     

Share This Page


Search tags for this page

losing interest in old ipad