What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Official I have returned my ipad 2

Caligula

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes, I discovered over the weekend that the internal microphone had stopped working so today it went back from whence it came.....PCWorld!

The mic was deffo working when I first got the IPad. Since then I have added a few apps and 'upgraded' from Ios 4.3.1 to 4.3.3. So...is it a op system glitch or shoddy components? Looking around on the net my money is on the OS, anyway I will be without my IPad 2 for seven to ten days according to the nice man in PCWorld.

just ventin :)

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm sorry to hear that - but come here first - we have some technical advice - but a lot of sympathy...hope it all works out OK - and let us know...and feel free to vent...

Tim

SaberOne

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I too am sorry to hear that, but I do understand. I’m new to the forum and waiting for my pad to arrive. Ironically, I can’t seem to find via search any specific threads for 4.3.3 on this forum. Not a clue if your problem was hardware or software, but I'm not inclined to upgrade my pad from whatever it comes with. I remember all too well how Apple bricked iPhone 3G owners with 4.0 and the update just before it. It was that very incident combined with the horrible deployment of the iPhone-4 that nearly sent me packing towards windows after 27-years with Apple products. Today, I’m older a wiser and I’ve learned to keep my expectations low.

Last edited:

Tarkio

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I too am sorry to hear that, but I do understand. I’m new to the forum and waiting for my pad to arrive. Ironically, I can’t seem to find via search any specific threads for 4.3.3 on this forum. Not a clue if your problem was hardware or software, but I'm not inclined to upgrade my pad from whatever it comes with. I remember all too well how Apple bricked iPhone 3G owners with 4.0 and the update just before it. It was that very incident combined with the horrible deployment of the iPhone-4 that nearly sent me packing towards windows after 27-years with Apple products. Today, I’m older a wiser and I’ve learned to keep my expectations low.

Not to worry. Millions of users have upgraded to 4.3.3 and as you said, there are no specific threads about issues.

I've been using 4.3.3 since it launched and find it more stable than the previous version. I havn't had a crash yet with any of my memory intensive apps.

OP
C

Caligula

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm sorry to hear that - but come here first - we have some technical advice - but a lot of sympathy...hope it all works out OK - and let us know...and feel free to vent...

Tim

Thanks Tim, I did search for mic problems both here and the wider net, and while there are quite a few people with mic problems not one of them has been given any sort of solution, except to reboot the ipad.

Obviously its a bit late for me now but if anyone on this forum has mic problems and you have any ideas for a workaround Tim, please do tell :D.

I'm really missing my Ipad, and I'm having to use my laptop again...almost forgotten I had it!!

Norsky

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I returned my iPad 2 after about 10 days. Could not get comfortable with iTunes. I also didn't want to have to use a PC to manage pictures and music. I also would like USB and SD ports. I was probably expecting too much from a tablet. It was a great device, just not for me. Will probably have to wait and see what iPad 3 is like. Will also look at the Toshiba Thrive next month.

Tarkio

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I returned my iPad 2 after about 10 days. Could not get comfortable with iTunes. I also didn't want to have to use a PC to manage pictures and music. I also would like USB and SD ports. I was probably expecting too much from a tablet. It was a great device, just not for me. Will probably have to wait and see what iPad 3 is like. Will also look at the Toshiba Thrive next month.

Many of your issues will be solved in a few months. With iCloud you will not need a PC or Mac or iTunes to manage pictures or music, it will all be wireless, automatic, and mostly free. The camera connection kit lets you use many USB devices from pro microphones, to card readers, to keyboards, etc. Some devices may require a powered USB hub to supply additional power.

SaberOne

iPF Noob
Reaction score

In a fairly recent happening, reporters were allowed to film Steve Jobs in a candid discussion with his iTunes staff. He asked his people ‘Can anyone tell me what iTunes is suppose to do?’ someone replied with a text book answer and Steve replied… ‘Then why in the ‘f’ can’t it do that?’ Point being, iTunes is up for a complete makeover as its become so convoluted and disjointed that I too struggle with it.

It's sad that you returned the pad for that reason, but its not for everyone and the design is still in its infancy.

Irish Rose

iPF Noob
Reaction score
oscarrod said:
Unfortunately, iOS5 isn't the most stable right now :X

IOS 5 also hasn't been released to the general public yet, either. ;)

Sent from my iPhone 4 using iPF

Tarkio

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Unfortunately, iOS5 isn't the most stable right now :X

iOS5 is only in beta testing right now, as stated, it won't be officially released for a few months (fall). For those waiting for the iPad 3 because they don't like iTunes, this will be a much more immediate solution.

Blackbelt

iPF Noob
Reaction score

While I can appreciate your dislike for iTunes, it is however a not good enough reason to return the most advanced and easy to use device. IOS is the most advanced and best system to operate and simple to use. once again IPad is not a laptop and will not be a laptop. Please stop wishing for USB, or adding keyboard, monitors, hard drives or speakers . Just use it as a mobile device otherwise buy a laptop and call it a day.

Last edited:
OP
C

Caligula

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Venting

Well I gave PCWorld two weeks to sort it out and phoned them yesterday to see where my IPad 2 was........It appears that you cannot phone PCWorld direct, you are phoning a call centre who then emails PCWorld who, if they feel like it, 'may' phone you and let you know what's going on. According to James (the call centre worker) even he cannot phone PCWorld but can only fire off an email to get them to phone me !!

You got it, they didn't call, sooooo I'm on the phone today to the call centre and got Lena who, after hearing my story, promptly called PCWorld on the phone!! WTF? if she can why couldn't James?

Anyway the upshot of all this faffing around is that Apple sent my IPad 2 back to PCworld saying there was no fault with it. PCWorld tested it themselves and said 'oh yes there is' and lobbed it back to Apple.

I'm pi@@ed off .........I've been without my Ipad for two weeks and no one from PCWorld has bothered to tell me whats going on. I've had to chase them myself through their cumbersome call centre based enquiry/complaint system. Then, to compound my feelings of frustration Apple denies there is a problem.

I know something, I won't be so quick to put it in for repair in future.....

I'm inclined to call Apple in the morning.....anyone know a number that would be appropriate? I want my IPad back :(

Tarkio

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well I gave PCWorld two weeks to sort it out and phoned them yesterday to see where my IPad 2 was........It appears that you cannot phone PCWorld direct, you are phoning a call centre who then emails PCWorld who, if they feel like it, 'may' phone you and let you know what's going on. According to James (the call centre worker) even he cannot phone PCWorld but can only fire off an email to get them to phone me !!

You got it, they didn't call, sooooo I'm on the phone today to the call centre and got Lena who, after hearing my story, promptly called PCWorld on the phone!! WTF? if she can why couldn't James?

Anyway the upshot of all this faffing around is that Apple sent my IPad 2 back to PCworld saying there was no fault with it. PCWorld tested it themselves and said 'oh yes there is' and lobbed it back to Apple.

I'm pi@@ed off .........I've been without my Ipad for two weeks and no one from PCWorld has bothered to tell me whats going on. I've had to chase them myself through their cumbersome call centre based enquiry/complaint system. Then, to compound my feelings of frustration Apple denies there is a problem.

I know something, I won't be so quick to put it in for repair in future.....

I'm inclined to call Apple in the morning.....anyone know a number that would be appropriate? I want my IPad back :(

Do you have an Apple Store in your town? Don't mess with other retailers, you can take a new iPad to any Apple Store. If you can demonstrate the problem they will replace the iPad. I had a problem that wasn't even covered under warranty (the iPad fell on the floor, shattering the screen). They replaced my $829 iPad 2 with a new one on the spot.

madhatter61

iPF Noob
Reaction score

You might try doing a little reading about iCloud, iOS5 (that is almost here) and realize that you will be able to share your files automatically on all Apple devices, and you won't be needing a computer anymore to initialize, upgrade or get regular updates.

And it is okay to check out the competitive devices... you may find something you might want to keep, then maybe not.

Most reactions

Latest posts