What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Spanish/English/Spanish Dictionary for ebooks & kindle for Ipad

Paz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just recently got my Ipad2. I read in English and Spanish. When I read in Spanish i cannot look up words in the dictionary. Is there a Spanish dictionary app that I need to download? Thanks for your help!

OP
P

Paz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't just want to have a dictionary in Spanish to go to it to look for a word, I'd like it that when I'm reading something in Spanish, I can click on that word and give me the option to dictionary, highlight, etc. Up to now when I click on dictionary it says "not available" or something like that. I don't want to change the language in my Ipad, just be able to access a dictionary in both languages.

kraemder

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Pop up dictionaries are the way to go for modern language learning. They've been around for a while now. I'm also looking for one for ipad for ebooks =/. My kindle can do it but I dislike the interface - touch is so much nicer. I also have a sony ereader that has a touch interface but the ipad is so much prettier. I haven't found an actual ebook reader for ipad that does it. There's a cool web browser that does and it also saves the words you lookup along with the sentence for later studying (it includes a flashcard option) but no export option unfortunately. Still very cool.

The browser app is called tapspanish. There's another app called tap-translate that integrates with safari and works pretty well. The tap function is a pleasure. I am truly dismayed to find a complete lack of bilingual dictionaries for ebooks =/.

mclarck

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm also wishing for Spanish and Portuguese built-in dictionaries, but very recently I started using an app called AutoLookup, which automatically searches any word in the clipboard on any online dictionary... you still have to copy the word in the reader application and switch to AutoLookup, but anyway much faster than using a normal browser! The limitation with the Autolookup solution is that in some cases you are not able to copy text in the reader, e.g. when reading books with DRM.
mc

KTiPad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use Spanish English Dictionary + which is really quick for lookups because you don't have to select language. I don't think it integrates with Kindle but you can double click the home key to pop back and forth.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts