What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Some issues with IPad 4

vanand

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Since the last month, my IPad works erratically when I try and use it while it is charging.Once it downloaded an app, music starts playing randomly and it does not respond to commands unless unplugged.
When I activate voice over or magnifying glass, the IPad doesn't react to commands, I then have to deactivate through accessibility from Itunes on my PC.
The charger its a 12 volt, charges, then stops, I have to flick the on/off switch from the electric socket, then it resumes charging, only to repeat the same behaviour again.
Sorry for this list of woes, would really be grateful for help.
Thanks a lot.

OP
V

vanand

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for your very sensible advice, I will change the charger.
However the problem with accessibility comes when using the IPad when not on charge, do you think it may be a virus or something?
Thanks again advice appreciated.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Thanks for your very sensible advice, I will change the charger.
However the problem with accessibility comes when using the IPad when not on charge, do you think it may be a virus or something?

Hello, pay some attention to the charger - I'm assuming you are talking about a 12 Watt charger (recent iPads use 10 or 12 Watts of power which is voltage x amperage) - is this the original charger or a third party one? Are you sure about the quality of the AC power and have you tried other power sources? If you have another Apple charger, then give that a try, as already suggested.

I misunderstood you original post and thought your problem related to having the charger plugged in; if not, then try a 'Reset', i.e. hold the ON-OFF & HOME buttons simultaneously until the Apple logo appears, release both and let the device reboot - none on your data, apps, or settings will be lost. Let us know your results. Dave :)

OP
V

vanand

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sorry for not responding earlier, I have tried what you suggested but it has not worked.
Many thanks for your time

Most reactions

Latest posts