What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

some help please :) im new to this....

bally303

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hi all :), ok so iv just got myself an ipad :D yayyyy haha... its second hand i got her off ebay so how do i re register it or am i just better off leaving it as it is, only thing is when i plug it into i junes it comes up with (kerrys ipad) how do i change this???

thanks for you help people :)

Jarson

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well, depends whether it is 4.3.3 or 5.0 OS version, but if you have plugged device to iTunes, it's been activated anyway. To change device's name simply double click on that device on a left side.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Your best bet is to restore that iPad to a like-new condition, which is how the seller should have sent it to you. This will wipe the iPad clean, just like it came out of the box from the Apple store. This will also upgrade it to the newest version of firmware, which will start you off nice and new.

To do, plug it in to iTunes and select restore. iTunes will do all the work and when it's done, you can put your own apps and such on it.

Yeah, you'll lose the apps it came with, but those belong to the original owner and really can't come with a used iPad (you can't upgrade them for one thing. Ever).

Then you can put your own name on it during the restore process.

Good luck and let us know how you get on.

Marilyn

Most reactions

Latest posts