What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

So...will 4.2 be FREE for iPad users?

y2kgtp

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What do you think? Previous major iOS updates were $9.99 for iPod Touch and free for the iPhones......(as iPhones were subsidized by AT&T)

9.99$ x 8+ Million iPad owners is alot of revenue....

PolkSDA

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Heck, I'm surprised that Apple doesn't charge you by the letter for typing on the damned thing...

Tinman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There will no charge. iPods Touches were not charged for 4.x and Apple already said the update for iPads would be free. I'm surprised anyone thought otherwise.

OP
Y

y2kgtp

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There will no charge. iPods Touches were not charged for 4.x and Apple already said the update for iPads would be free. I'm surprised anyone thought otherwise.

That's good news then....

DaveSt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have never paid for an update.

I had to pay $10 to get iOs 3.0 on my Ipod Touch. I think that is why some people were wondering if this update would be free.

Quick way to get 50-80 million.....depending on how many upgrade...

Yep. Then later on once you have milked that cow for all she's worth go ahead and make the upgrade free for everyone that wasn't a big enough sucker to pay in the first place.

Tinman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had to pay $10 to get iOs 3.0 on my Ipod Touch. I think that is why some people were wondering if this update would be free.
The fee for iPods was disclosed when 3.0 was announced. They didn't wait till it was released.

Michael

DaveSt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The fee for iPods was disclosed when 3.0 was announced. They didn't wait till it was released.

Michael

I understand that. However, rather than being dismissive by saying it is surprising anyone would think otherwise I can see why someone that doesn't have a chronological list in front of them regarding Apple's upgrades and pricing structure might ask the question. :)

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What do you think? Previous major iOS updates were $9.99 for iPod Touch and free for the iPhones......(as iPhones were subsidized by AT&T)

9.99$ x 8+ Million iPad owners is alot of revenue....

It was announced on day one that the iPad would be a free update.

hookbill

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'd be outraged. Google doesn't do that. Blackberry doesn't. Windows doesn't. And there is no charge for upgrades on my iMac accept of course going from leopard to snow leopard.

Most reactions

Latest posts