So nobody went to walmart and target...FAIL

Discussion in 'iPad 2 Forum' started by FatalDesain, Mar 11, 2011.

1. FatalDesain

FatalDesain
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Also this was a super walmart, i mean ofcourse a regular walmart won't have alot. Think smart bigger store better chance and apple fanboys are too good for target or walmart.

2. Bennettb

Bennettb
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    Do they help you set up. And move things from iPad 1 to iPad 2 at target and walmart?

3. chiffchaff

chiffchaff
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    I called the closest WalMart and AT&T stores and they said they wouldn't have any. So I went to Apple and stood in line. Store employees came by with free water, coffee, hot chocolate throughout the afternoon. It was fun to talk with like minded people in line when I wasn't reading a book. Good weather helped. Once 5pm rolled around the Apple employees were very efficient and friendly, so the line moved steadily. This is the first time I stood in line vs ordering online and it was a positive experience, not a fail at all. And most important, I got exactly the model I wanted.

4. USBill

USBill
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    Last year we ended up in line at the mall for almost three hours, but in an odd way it was enjoyable. Like standing in a long line waiting for food at a State Fair... everyone is in a good mood, and no one cares about your politics, religion, or carnivore status.

5. Mtnmedic

Mtnmedic
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    I live north of Sacramento, CA. I called the Wal-Mart Superstore in Rocklin, just north of town and next door to Roseville. They said they were only getting FOUR 32GB units and were unsure if there were 3G or not. Same story with the Wal-Mart in Rosevile. I could've called all around and driven there, etc. BUT...the nearest anything to me is an hour or so south of my house. So I thought to myself "screw it" and ordered online.

Too bad I FELL ASLEEP at 11pm last night in my effort to stay up and order right at 1am. I was having too much fun with Garage Band, which I'd just downloaded and installed on my current iPad (works great! Best value for a great piece of software!). GRRRrrrrrrr. I woke up at 8:30am and found that the Apple site had changed shipping to "`2-3 weeks". Oh well....

Michael "Spam, spam, bacon, eggs and spam. Hold the bacon and eggs." Sent from my iPad using iPF