Tim Cook Publicly Announces That he is "Proud to be Gay"

Discussion in 'Apple iPad News' started by RaduTyrsina, Oct 30, 2014.

By RaduTyrsina on Oct 30, 2014 at 11:23 AM
  1. RaduTyrsina

RaduTyrsina
    Expand Collapse
    News Team

Thanks Received:

There's always going to be an ongoing debate on such sensitive subjects as sexual minorities, but what's important to understand is that all of us have the right to be different. And this seems to be Tim Cook's message in a letter that he published recently, revealing that he is "proud to be gay". Apple's CEO says that this has given him perspective on what it means to be a minority.

What needs to be pointed out is that Tom Cook didn't hide his sexual orientation, but he has now decide to publicly acknowledge it. Apple CEO says that it was his desire for privacy that has held him back from "doing something more important." Here's how the entire content of his letter sounds like:

Apple's CEO Cook also talked about how America has changed over the years in how it views gay people and relationships. He also mentioned that public figures coming out has helped to change American culture to be more tolerant, so maybe that's why he decide to go out in the open.

And without any doubts, what he did today will have a big impact to the homosexual community or any other minorities. Hearing the CEO of Apple is gay will definitely help someone who is struggling with their own identity.

Source: BusinessWeek

Comments

Discussion in 'Apple iPad News' started by RaduTyrsina, Oct 30, 2014.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.
    1. Ian B
      Ian B
      His sexual preference is irrelevant in 2014. I don't care what happens in his bedroom. All I care is does the guy have integrity and can he run my company. But, I can understand why he did it too. That took guts and you have to give him credit for it whether you like it or not.
      Last edited by a moderator: Nov 1, 2014
    2. s2mikey
      s2mikey
      I have no idea why this is relevant to anything. Why is it so important to announce ones sexuality to the world these days? I don't see hetero sexual people taking the mic and opening their speeches with "Hi, I'm Bob and I'm straight and proud to like girls".

Tim needs to just be the CEO of Apple. I don't care what or who he does on his own time.
    3. Brian 244
      Brian 244
      As long as people are persecuted and executed in this world because of their sexual orientation it is very relevant.

All of the hateful and negative comments and reactions over the internet as well as the passive aggressive " yeah, so?" comments make it relevant.

If Tim Cook's coming out helps at least one person out there accept themselves for who they are and help them carry on, then it is relevant.
    4. tlbaker
      tlbaker
      When people say "I don't care" it implies that they don't want to hear it. IJS.

Sent from my WiFi Only Black 64GB iPad with Retina Display in NYC using Tapatalk HD
    Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.