What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

So it's finally here! The latest and greatest of Apple's home baked temptation.

OP
guthrien

guthrien

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So I've had the opportunity to mess around with 5 for a day or so. It's nice and slick, but for every new ability it seemed there are blank spots in check until Cydia developers upgrade their vast amount of current tweaks. The idea seems to be that this iOS recreates the jailbreak vision in some broad strokes. While that's true, it's the intricacies and details of a bunch of small important tweaks that are left behind until we get a robust jailbreak community working on 5. And so far my impression the new is not worth the old, by some measure. It complicates what I hope we get in the near future. Exciting times!

Bob Maxey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
But once a jailbreak becomes available for iOS5 wouldn't you upgrade? Or am I missing something like those tweaks will not be compatible with iOS5 regardless if a jailbreak is available?

I found a few games that will not run on the original iPad; they need iPad 2 and I assume, the faster processor. If the update is available to iPad 1 users, it will work, obviously. Not saying every iOS 5 feature will work, however. We will need to wait and see.

OP
guthrien

guthrien

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I didn't see anyone else still struggling with this so I bumped my own thread lol.

I thought I was immune to this less than jailbreak worthy iOS upgrade, but I've thrown a wrench into my own determination...Friday I receive my first ever iPhone, and to me the biggest selling point of this whole new environment is how it all syncs together pretty painlessly. There's an awful lot of benefit to that. I'm starting to feel like I might give in to the inevitable on my iPad 2 and hope both devices can enter back in at once :(

Most reactions

Latest posts