What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SmartScreen putting iPad 2 into safe mode

DECMD

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just bought smartscreen for my iPad 2 and it keeps putting it into safemide when I try to activate it. I tried to reinstall, remove then install again, and turn off almost all my mobile substrates but nothing is working. Anyone who has gotten it to work on their iPad 2 have any suggestions?

OUTL4W

iPF Novice
Reaction score
What other extensions do you have installed? I know lockInfo definitely clashes with smartscreen....

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Maybe you bought the wrong version of SmartScreen?

The one that works for the iPad is [specifically] SmartScreen for iPad iOS. And that one only (AFAIK). In addtiion, any widgets you buy for it must also include the ...for iPad iOS wording. Else, they won't work correctly or at all.

Well, except for Yet Another Clock - that worked fine on my iPad. But, for all the others - best to stick with the for iPad iOS ones.

So, I'd suggest, if you have the wrong version, that you uninstall it. That'll probably fix your situation.

Then, if you got the wrong one, maybe you can talk to the developer about getting your money back? Then, you won't be out the cash...

Marilyn

OP
D

DECMD

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have the right one, iPad OS. Does it conflict with vwallpaper 2 or dreamboard? I turned off the mobile substrates but still oes into safe mode

OUTL4W

iPF Novice
Reaction score
No conflict with vwall2...since I have both installed.....

My guess is dreamboard....It conflicts with many tweaks.....

OP
D

DECMD

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ive removed almost all of my extensions and still no go. This is getting very frustrating...

OUTL4W

iPF Novice
Reaction score
What extensions do you have left?
List of apps not compatible with smartscreen

IntelliScreen
IntelliDial
LockDockBar
Modern LockScreen Clock
QuickSMS
QuickUnlock
Cydget