What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stuck in Safe Mode...

Oddmanxx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If anyone can help I would greatly appreciate it. I have an iPad 2 16GB Wi-fi version, jailbroken on 4.3.3 and NO SHSH backup due to purchasing an iPad late and Apple closing 4.3.3 signing window. I dont know what happened because Im not the primary user of the iPad my mother is and I just occasionally check update for her and what not. The other day I went to do an update everything was running fine and i tried to use SBSettings to do a system restart and when i swiped the top of the screen nothing dropped down. I went to Activator and it told me that I was running in safe mode. So I manually turned off the iPad and tried again, and again it is in safe mode. I can't seem to get out of safe mode, has anyone had this problem before and know how to solve the problem? Thanks in Advance.

Ron

OP
O

Oddmanxx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I did an update but it never completed, it said something about not being able to fetch something (3 things) to be exact, so i figured the servers were swamped and waited for a couple of hours and did it again. I successfully updated but I'm stuck in safe mode. I hope its not from updating cause that would suck.

TheRambler

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
theramblersramblings.blogspot.co.uk
just hang on in there, I updated yesterday and this morning but this update came through an hour ago, so the update you have done may not include this specific one, Cydia seems very slow at the moment, coupled up with my terrible internet....its not good!!

OP
O

Oddmanxx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Problem solved! woot woot, cydia needs to update and following that you will get at "changes" notification in which mobile substrate needs to be updated. Apply the update and I was out of safe mode.

Most reactions