What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Smart Cover with Back

supersteve1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There have many different covers on Amazon site, much better protection than the smart covers.
I will definately be purchasing a cover from there, the ipad cost to much money to be unprotected.;)

totemynote

iPF Noob
Reaction score
supersteve1 said:
There have many different covers on Amazon site, much better protection than the smart covers.
I will definately be purchasing a cover from there, the ipad cost to much money to be unprotected.;)

Myself, I'll go to the Apple store first where I can actually hold one in my hands. And no doubt about the need for protection. I just hope I can find one that does incorporate the magnets into the design. It would seem a waste for this feature to go unused.

Tinman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Subscribing to see if it is a "smart" cover before ordering... :)
A cursory Google search only showed one case, apparently not out yet, that takes advantage of the magnets in the iPad 2, from Miniot:
Miniot debuts Cover for iPad 2, utilizes built-in magnets | iLounge News

Since they seem to brag about it I find it hard to believe someone would release a case that is also "smart" would not tout that fact.

But you never know till people start getting this thing..... :)

Michael

BigBerner

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Smart Cover with a Back

I just called macally.com...they will be shipping their BOOKSTAND2 (color) with magnets to turn on/off the iPad2, but not for a few weeks; this according to their tech support person. Looks like a nice case.
909-230-6888, based in Ontario, CA.

Tinman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well after a little testing I see it doesn't take much "smarts" .... lol

I grabbed the smallest magnet off of the refrigerator I could find. One that barely held itself on. It easily locked/unlocked my iPad 2. I slid my iPad 2 into the Apple iPad 1 case--the thin black one. Taped the magnet on the flap that closes, and presto a "smart" case. I won't really be leaving my iPad 2 in that case but it actually fits better than I expected.

Michael

Liberal

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I ordered this case from eBay yesterday and it should be here by the end of the week. I was wondering if anyone had received theirs yet? If so, how's does it look?!

Most reactions

Latest posts