What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Smart Cover with Back

TonyIsSocial

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'll probably shop around for a new cover. I got so use to the 1st gen apple cover that this one just doesn't do it for me

USBill

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Has anyone tried an ipad2 in the old iPad Apple case? My one reservation for the new model is the lack of corners on the cover. I've dropped my iPad 1 twice and the stiff edge of the Apple case absorbed the impact and kept my device safe.

Mtnmedic

iPF Novice
Reaction score
JF7FSU said:
Has anyone looked at this? It appears to be a smart cover with a back and for $29.99. Available at Amazon for Preorder in a few colors.

BOOKSTAND2B Macally Peripherals

Ha! I noted that, too, in another thread about the same subject. This looks to be a winner, considering it incorporates the same principal design as the Apple Smart Cover but also solves the problem of leaving the rest of the device unprotected. And it's the same price, too. Very interesting, indeed.

I'll have to wait and see what the reviews are once they become available. My new iPad won't be here for a while, so I have some time to research cases, etc.

Michael "Spam, spam, bacon, eggs and spam. Hold the bacon and eggs." Sent from my iPad using iPF

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
That case looks neat, but I would want to try a hands on first.
For me the primary question is one of "gripability". How easy is it to carry around one handed without it slipping. Next comes protection if it does slip :)

1million

iPF Noob
Reaction score
USBill said:
Has anyone tried an ipad2 in the old iPad Apple case? My one reservation for the new model is the lack of corners on the cover. I've dropped my iPad 1 twice and the stiff edge of the Apple case absorbed the impact and kept my device safe.

When I got my IPad 1 as a Bday gift I also got a red leather stand case. So when I took my IPad back to the store to soon get the IPad 2 I ended up keeping the case which was ordered from Amazon and now I'm using it for my IPad 2. It's fits like a glove.

mynameiserich

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't see anything about it using the magnets either to have it wake/sleep on open/close. That is a big seller for me with the smart cover.

dmaul1114

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Looks alright, but I'll stick with the Apple Smart Cover and neoprene sleeve combo personally.

Mtnmedic

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Then there is the MacAlly BOOKSTAND. I'm keeping a close eye on that one.

Yes, it doesn't ATTACH by magnet (the whole shebang is around a shell that snaps onto the back of the iPad, which is good for protection) but I believe there may be magnets in the cover part that DO allow it to snap into place and put the iPad to sleep/wake it up when pulled away. That part wasn't mentioned on their website (unless I overlooked it) so I'll write and ask them.

Michael "Spam, spam, bacon, eggs and spam. Hold the bacon and eggs." Sent from my iPad using iPF

MadDragon1846

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all, 1st post lol *waves* :p

Anyway, this is just the type of cover I was hoping for!. I loved the smart cover idea, but was rather worried about the back getting all scratched...

Also this is in black!, I didn't want to have to buy a leather smart cover, so if I didn't see this cover, I'd of ended up making do with a blue plastic smart cover instead.

I was reading up on the zagg invisibleshield for the back, but it sounded alot of trouble compaired to just snapping on a case. :)

Now I'v just got to hope I can find somewhere selling it for the UK :rolleyes:

Tarkio

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have the black leather smart case. it is too nice to not have, but I also worry about the back of the iPad. I came up with a cool solution. I have a sheet of those tiny round, clear rubber feet that are self-adhesive. I put one in each of the four corners on the back of the iPad. It keeps the back off the tables, and keeps the front edge off the table when the case is in typing position.

You don't even notice them, and when you do, they look like they belong there. The ones I have are not "permanent" so they pull off with no damage.

Last edited:

Tinman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
While this looks like a nice cover can it really be called "smart" cover? It doesn't seem to attach with magnets nor does it lock/unlock iPad 2... unless I missed something.

What am I missing about the "smart" part? When I read thread title I assume it attached with magnets etc.

Michael

Most reactions

Latest posts