What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Slingbox

seikooc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Use how good is it on the iPad? I'm thinking of buying the Slingbox Pro HD to stream onto my iPad 2 but seeing as its expensive does anyone use it and recommend it and how and what do you use it for?

I'd use it to watch TV away from home when working away which I do frequently as I work in television

:) seikooc :(

Villaboy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am in the UK and use it when we go to our vacation home in Florida where it works perfect on my iPad 2, better than on my laptop.

OP
seikooc

seikooc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Villaboy said:
I am in the UK and use it when we go to our vacation home in Florida where it works perfect on my iPad 2, better than on my laptop.

What kind of connection speed do you have when you use it?

:) seikooc :(

Villaboy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It does vary quite a lot and if the connection speed is not great I switch from HD to standard format.

seneca18

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I love my slingbox. It works great on the iPad. My only complaint is that when you buy the app on the iPad it will not transfer over to an iPhone. But, had I bought it on my iPhone it would work on the iPad. Weird, not sure why that is. Live and learn I guess.

joeyteel

iPF Noob
Reaction score
seneca18 said:
I love my slingbox. It works great on the iPad. My only complaint is that when you buy the app on the iPad it will not transfer over to an iPhone. But, had I bought it on my iPhone it would work on the iPad. Weird, not sure why that is. Live and learn I guess.

It's because they're two separate apps. Sure, the iPhone one will work on the iPad as well, but as an iPhone app and not an iPad native app.

Most reactions

Latest posts