1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Slingbox on The iPad.

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories for iPAD 1, 2 and 3' started by iVan, Jun 7, 2010.

1. iVan

iVan iPad Ninja

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    I saw in the app store that Slingbox offered an iPhone app as a remote control. So I went out and bought a Slingbox Solo. After an hour in a most frustrating installation, I managed to install it on my main laptop and still cannot get to configure my router to have access from outside my wifi network, from internet yet. I'll leave that for tomorrow before I... break something... like a window or something.
    Then I got the app. It's an iPhone app for yet. Cute in iPhone size but very very crappy in iPad resolution. But I'm happy I did it. I will finally be able to watch TV in the bathtub...and I won't miss a Worldcup game.

BTW the included remote system to access the satellite box is a joy to use from any of my networked computers.
  2. candafilm

candafilm iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I'll be getting one very soon. Probably not in time for the World Cup, but sometime this year. I'll be traveling a lot more this year and it will be nice to have live TV on my iPhone/iPad.
  3. taudelt

taudelt iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    There is a decent AP World Cup app that just updated with video. It's still not live feed, but it's good res vid highlights...
  4. gameboy213

gameboy213 iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Yeah. We are still waiting for the actual sling iPad app. Until then it is an iPhone app only.

At least it works.
  5. Blueroomelectronics

Blueroomelectronics iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Don't think I'll be putting my iPad near the tub.
  6. mbradeis

mbradeis iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I have had my Slingbox for over 2 years and love it. While away on vacation I was able to watch a football game that was not on the local market. Cannot wait for the iPad app!
  7. BassGear

BassGear iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Yeah I love Slingbox so much I own two. A Solo, and a Pro-HD. They are painfully slow when it comes to adding mobile software :(