What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Report on SlingBox for iPad

TFarmer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I downloaded this app yesterday and am extremely pleased. I'm getting HD quality. Compared with Slingbox for iPhone it is like night and day. I wish it had the remote control showing on the side like the regular version (non-iPhone version/PC version) does but I am a happy camper. Very much worth the $30.

GiPad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I downloaded this app yesterday and am extremely pleased. I'm getting HD quality. Compared with Slingbox for iPhone it is like night and day. I wish it had the remote control showing on the side like the regular version (non-iPhone version/PC version) does but I am a happy camper. Very much worth the $30.

Thats good to hear. Guessing you are talking about on your local network, not remote viewing, correct? I made the dumb mistake of buying it without reading you need a SOLO or Pro-HD model for it to work. I'm so pissed. trying to find a Cyber Monday deal on one, but no luck so far. I hate that they killed support for the Classic. They could have continued it, and people would naturally migrate towards the newer boxes just by the fact that the quality is so much better. Instead, they pissed a bunch of people off...

OP
T

TFarmer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
GiPad, check eBay. I just sold an old "Tuner" model and a "Pro" model on there. You may get a good deal on one if you are patient. Currenty there are over 100 different Slingboxes on there. BTW, I had to use Slinglink in my house and it works great! I am using this remotely with my iPad over WiFi anywhere in the world. I can also use it with my PC at work.

Ggenesta

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Which is better for the iPad... Sling box solo or HD PRO? I have an HD DVR Fios.

OP
T

TFarmer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have the Pro HD so that is all I can speak for. I do get extremely HD pic if the WiFi is any good. It is amazing.

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I feel the quality is horrible compared to playing on a pc...very tinny audio and stuttering pausing video...very disappointed that I wasted another $30 on this crappy device. Next gadget, Elegato eyetv hd

Last edited:

iVan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I feel the quality is horrible compared to playing on a pc...very tinny audio and stiffest pausing video...very disappointed that I wasted another $30 on this crappy device. Next gadget, Elegato eyetv hd
Agreed. It's a little improvement from what it was though...

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I feel the quality is horrible compared to playing on a pc...very tinny audio and stiffest pausing video...very disappointed that I wasted another $30 on this crappy device. Next gadget, Elegato eyetv hd
Agreed. It's a little improvement from what it was though...

I would say the amount of improvement over the iPhone version is worth maybe $.99, not $30! SInce really all that changed was it fills the screen and the controls are a little more iPad oriented (tho they are IDENTICAL to the android phone app....so I guess its not so iPaddy)

Most reactions

Latest posts