What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Siri yayyy !

Chahiney

iPF Noob
Reaction score
New to this, but I can't wait if only they would announce it in the summer !!!

Chahiney

iPF Noob
Reaction score
New to this, but I can't wait, I'd only it would come out in summer !

OP
Macette

Macette

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Chahiney said:
New to this, but I can't wait, I'd only it would come out in summer !

I'm with you the sooner the better....

Sent from my iPad 3 

virginblue4

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've been forcing myself to use Siri so my wife wouldn't bring up the fact that I used that as one reason to upgrade to the 4S. I like setting alarms when I'm out running to remind myself to go back to a live talk radio show at a certain time. With Blue tooth headphones, you just hit the "call" button and don't need to touch your phone.

Anyway, on the iPhone, you really need to speak right into the microphone for best results. The farther away you get from the mic, the greater the chance Siri won't recognize what you said. The iPad is not a phone you hold by your head, so it will be interesting to see how that works.

Siri for me is accurate 99.9% of the time. Dictation is very accurate on the iPad, so I imagine Siri will be too.

altimax98

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm running Siri on my iPad (2012) I refuse to say 3 lol, and I'm very impressed. Honestly it's great for sports. I'll ask it when the game of my team is on and it tells me and shows the channel. I ask who they are playing, what the current score is and even who is leader in the AL East. I'm honestly sold on Siri. I'm a big google fan and voice actions have always been strong, so I'm interested in what google has up its sleeve to compete, I think google might integrate searches and responses a little better the Siri.

It's very nice and solid though, I'm happy with it

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

sir_ben

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm excited as well. This video shows how Siri performs on the new iPad.

I also wish we can activate Siri using a gesture.

Last edited by a moderator:

Haynesja1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have Siri on my iphone. I ask a lot of simple questions she can't answer so how useful it will be on the PAD is questionable.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Chahiney said:
But some people already have it

Only iPad developers can download the iOS 6 beta version right now,including Siri for the iPad.

Last edited:

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Is there a way I can get it?

The only legal way to get the beta version of iOS 6 is to register an account and be a developer with Apple.

Any other way is illegal and any discussion on how to circumvent the developer process and get a beta version of the firmware is against the rules of this forum.

Thanks for your understanding.

Marilyn

Most reactions

Latest posts