What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Siri yayyy !

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
iDeviceGuru said:
Yes that's because Siri was designed around the iPhone 4s, not the iPad 2, that's why the new A5x chip is needed for Siri to work on the new iPad, other features are needed, but it's the chip that does everything that the iPad can do, such as process the information before sending it to servers.

The iDevice Guru

Actually,the information is processed on the servers,there is no pre-processing before ending the info to the servers.

iDeviceGuru

iPF Noob
Reaction score
scifan57 said:
Actually,the information is processed on the servers,there is no pre-processing before ending the info to the servers.

So the information magically converts and sends itself, well done.

The iDevice Guru

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
iDeviceGuru said:
So the information magically converts and sends itself, well done.

The iDevice Guru

You take posting here to a personal level which I will not continue to participate in.

iDeviceGuru

iPF Noob
Reaction score
scifan57 said:
You take posting here to a personal level which I will not continue to participate in.

Thank you for understanding and learning that you don't know everything. All the best

The iDevice Guru

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
iDeviceGuru said:
Thank you for understanding and learning that you don't know everything. All the best

The iDevice Guru

Have you ever admitted to making mistakes in your posts?

Last edited:

iDeviceGuru

iPF Noob
Reaction score
scifan57 said:
Is there anything that can be done about this member, he seems to have an overly inflated sense of his own competence and I get the impression that he takes any post that is contrary to his own opinion as some kind of personal affront. He's too condescending and lacks respect for others opinions.

Did you just say you weren't going to participate in this conversation further more?

The iDevice Guru

Rperez414

iPF Novice
Reaction score
iDeviceGuru said:
Yes that's because Siri was designed around the iPhone 4s, not the iPad 2, that's why the new A5x chip is needed for Siri to work on the new iPad, other features are needed, but it's the chip that does everything that the iPad can do, such as process the information before sending it to servers.

The iDevice Guru

Like what? Why would the iPad need an A5X and the iPhone just an A5? That doesn't make any sense to me.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Rperez414 said:
Like what? Why would the iPad need an A5X and the iPhone just an A5? That doesn't make any sense to me.

You're right,it doesn't make any sense.

Redhotpoker

iPF Noob
Reaction score
For anyone interested, you can download the free Dragon Search app. It works much the same way Siri search will work, without the
verbal back and forth. Although it does disable the iPad voice navigation software as it uses the same mic.

It's interesting to me also, how technology has become so digital, so quickly over the last few short years.
Only time will tell where it will all lead, should thee earth live that long...

Chas

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Redhotpoker said:
For anyone interested, you can download the free Dragon Search app. It works much the same way Siri search will work, without the
verbal back and forth. Although it does disable the iPad voice navigation software as it uses the same mic.

It's interesting to me also, how technology has become so digital, so quickly over the last few short years.
Only time will tell where it will all lead, should thee earth live that long...

Chas

What does this have to do with Siri on the new iPad?

Redhotpoker

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Without either the iOS6 Beta or Absinthe Jailbreak with Cydia, using Dragon Search is very much like asking Siri to search for something on the web for you. You're right, it has nothing to do with Siri on iPad.
Just a similar device, while we wait... :(

Chas

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Redhotpoker said:
Without either the iOS6 Beta or Absinthe Jailbreak with Cydia, using Dragon Search is very much like asking Siri to search for something on the web for you. You're right, it has nothing to do with Siri on iPad.
Just a similar device, while we wait... :(

Chas

But this thread is supposed to be about SIRI on the iPad,not dragon search.

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
scifan57 said:
But this thread is supposed to be about SIRI on the iPad,not dragon search.

The member was suggesting an alternative and given that Siri isn't available yet, his post is relevant to the discussion.

The Archangel

Bosvaark

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I look forward to trying SIRI, most dictation I have tried is not great, but I suspect it is due to my colonial accent.

Most reactions

Latest posts