What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Siri for ipad 2!

AaronB.

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sorry to get your hopes up but I personally think that Apple should let ipad 2 users try Siri also. The new iphone 4s is incredible and Siri is one of the many reasons why. They should al least consider selling it as an app or something.
-AaronB.

thewitt

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Cannot. Siri requires more ram than the iPad 2 has.

You won't see this version of Siri until the iPad 3...

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So does this mean that the iPhone4S does have 1GB RAM? There has been speculation as to whether it's 512MB or 1GB but your post seems to indicate that it definitely has more than 512MB.

Tim

K1W1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The new iphone 4s is incredible and Siri is one of the many reasons why.

Have you actually used one or are you basing your incredible claim on the video on the Apple web site?
Having used various sorts of voice control and voice recognition over the years I'll wait to see it actually in use first hand before I'll get too excited. Yes it looks great but so did the returns on Enron shares, once.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I read a review by the BBC technology correspondant, who was able to use one in London yesterday. He seemed to confirm that it is as good as reported. He asked it "What is the weather like today" and it responded with a forecast for the local weather at his location (London). He tried a couple of such unpredictable questions and found it appeared to live up to the hype. But, I agree, it will be interesting to see. I think we've all got used to people apparently speaking to themselves while using this Bluetooth handsfree earpieces, now we'll have to get used to people talking to their 'phones (OK - I know - yes, people always talk to their 'phones, but you know what I mean!)

Tim

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So we'll see you talking to your 'phone and moderating iPF using voice control?.....:D

Tim

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
And, if you asked your iPhone4S that question, it would send me an email or text message to ask me!!

(and I like it just fine, many thanks!)

Tim

jsh1120

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Last edited:
OP
AaronB.

AaronB.

iPF Noob
Reaction score
thewitt said:
Cannot. Siri requires more ram than the iPad 2 has.

You won't see this version of Siri until the iPad 3...

Check your facts. The ipad 2 and iphone 4s both have 512mb of ram.
They both have the same A5 processor as well. The only reason why the Siri didn't come with the ipad 2 is because apple came up with this siri 3-4 months ago. Plus they weren't even working on siri for the ipad 2 because they never even thought about it then. Tim Cook even stated that Apple started working on siri 3-4 months ago inn his keynote.

www.iphonefaq.org/archives/97957

OP
AaronB.

AaronB.

iPF Noob
Reaction score
K1W1 said:
Have you actually used one or are you basing your incredible claim on the video on the Apple web site?
Having used various sorts of voice control and voice recognition over the years I'll wait to see it actually in use first hand before I'll get too excited. Yes it looks great but so did the returns on Enron shares, once.

Im am basing it off of the keynote and other video I have seen for the last couple of days. Bottom line whether people accept it or not Siri have revolutionized the cell phone industry. Being able to ask your phone numerous amount of questions and it responds within seconds is mind bottling. I plan on getting the iphone 4s the day it comes out so I'll let you know if Siri is good or not.

jsh1120

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Nope its 512mb of ram. Same as the ipad 2www.iphonefaq.org/archives/97957

Sorry, but the url you cite refers to the iPhone 4, not the 4S. The question won't be answered until someone tears down a 4S and checks and no one has done that yet. If it turns out the RAM is 512Mb, it's pretty much a certainty that the decision not to provide Siri for the iPad (2) is a marketing call. If it's 1G, the answer may be that Siri is a big ram consumer.

Most reactions

Latest posts