What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Silent button on 4.2

DavidM

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Just got my iPad and while checking out it's functions I can't get the button above the volume buttons to silent anything or at least in utube or iPod. Am I missing something?

Snarky30

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That button just silences any notification sounds while you're watching a video, like alarms, email sounds, etc. It doesn't silence video sound or music.

OP
D

DavidM

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thanks for the quick answer. I kind of thought why do I need that when the vol. Buttons is right by it. I'd rather they kept it as the screen lock or better yet, give us a few options and let us make our own choice.

adamh10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Does anybody know if this switch can be changed back to orientation lock? I know it's in the multitasking menu to the left, but the switch was so convenient!

wrecklass

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Does anybody know if this switch can be changed back to orientation lock? I know it's in the multitasking menu to the left, but the switch was so convenient!

There is no way that I am aware of. Unless you can on a jail broken iPad. Which isn't worth it for me.

Most reactions

Latest posts