What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Get Orientation Lock Switch Back On iPad 4.2 and 4.2.1

PhilSynowiec

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZRZpGARvOmc[/ame]​

Missing your orientation lock switch? Steve Jobs pulled a fast one by switching it to the silent switch? Well have it your way! Download NoMute For iPad from Cydia and this will get your silent switch to act as orientation lock again. You will need a Jailbroken iPad on 4.2 or 4.2.1 to do this. So If you have already Jailbroken, great, this will work for your. The rest of you, I don't suggest Jailbreaking until an untethered version comes out first. Check out NoMute For iPad for Free in Cydia.

naman919

iPF Noob
Reaction score
dumb question, but how do I mute system sounds if I install this? just turn the volume all the way down? seems logical.

naman919

iPF Noob
Reaction score
your getting it back in 4.3 anyways.

not really an answer, or what in was looking for but yea I heard about that too.

I got my iPad late in the game and 4.2.1 was already out and running. my initial experience was with the mute button already in place of the orientation lock. I'm actually a fan of the mute switch and I'm excited to have the preference of which action to take in 4.3.

Guess I was curious and felt like putting NoMute on in the mean time to see if I liked the orientation lock on the side. How did you guys mute notification sounds prior to 4.2?

bmxbarn15

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My ipad has difficulties with changing the orientation even though the lock is turned off and i don't know how to fix it because it's really annoying.

Most reactions

Latest posts