What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Silent Mode

benkj14

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is it just me or does most applications just ignore the fact the ipad is on sielnt mode, im assuming thats what the switch on the side of the ipad is for?

Ony my iphone no sounds are played at all when my phones in silent, on the ipad everything seems to ignore it, am i doing something wrong?

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Depending on how you've configured it in 'Settings' this switch is either the orientation lock or the mute function.

However, it does not mute all sound - just 'system' sounds, such as new email arriving. Regular sounds - such as music playing - are not affected. This way you can stop your music being 'interfered with' by the noise of email arriving. To switch off sound entirely, you need to press and hold the volume control 'down' side and the iPad will shortly 'jump' to zero volume.

Tim

OP
B

benkj14

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you, I'm still getting used to all the controls, had the thing two months and still seem to be learning.

Most reactions

Latest posts