What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Show Your Art!

JTownsend

iPF Noob
Reaction score
218982-ImageFromArtStudio-16.jpg

Last edited:

Mossi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Those are beautiful drawings, even if you did cheat a bit. Maybe I'll try that soon.....if I can figure out how to work the program.

JTownsend

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Those are beautiful drawings, even if you did cheat a bit. Maybe I'll try that soon.....if I can figure out how to work the program.

I need to know where I was cheating--grid method, initial sketching, from memory, and freehand from reference are all acceptable methods for starting a drawing. Thanks though.

Biggysmallz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok, this isn't really working like I had hoped so I'll just tell you the trick. :D

All the good drawing apps support layers. Import what you would like to draw into one of the layers. Then switch to another layer and draw over the original picture until you have a good outline. Finally delete the layer with the source image inside and fill in the details and shadows of your drawing.

With just a little technological help, anyone can do it!

Another tip is to zoom in a lot, and use light colored pens.

Pretty smart that.

Mossi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sorry, JTownsend! I was talking to NumbLock! He had said he traced an actual photo in his portrait on page 1. Your art is VERY good. I especially liked the time lapse!

dru9

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Nice work!

I'd like to show a couple but I need two moe posts before I can do so.

Talk to you soon.

Andrew

Most reactions

Latest posts