What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Show Your Art!

Teacher's Pet

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing those beautiful sketches. I'd love a tutorial. I don't have the talent if a goldfish when it comes to drawing, and the don't even have limbs.

I've been wanting to get some apps to work on my digital drawing, I just haven't gotten to it yet because I didn't want to buy some crappy apps only to realize I could have gone with something much nicer had I done a lil research.

Fotonutz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wonderful sketches!

Are these portraits of real people or just merely sketches ?

I can draw technical stuff like cars, planes, buildings or spacecrafts. When it comes to drawing people or animals, I suck!

A YouTube tutorial will be great :D

OP
NumbLock

NumbLock

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I could draw my thumb. I think!

Hehe, you should try it. If you import the image to the first layer, it is easier than you think.

Wonderful sketches!

Are these portraits of real people or just merely sketches ?

I can draw technical stuff like cars, planes, buildings or spacecrafts. When it comes to drawing people or animals, I suck!

A YouTube tutorial will be great :D

Oh my, a YouTube tutorial...

I use my finger only, and I end up locking the rotation thing on the iPad and rotating the iPad around a lot. And of course I make a lot of mistakes and undo a lot.

I don't know if I'm ready for that level of video editing - but lets see what the new iPhone 4 brings :)

These are real people that I found on google impages.

Here is my latest:
attachment.php

Edit: Oh, and if someone can tell me how to smooth the shadowing in the app, I'll buy you a cookie.

(P.S. Someone is bound to notice that they are last edited in Adobe Photoshop. The contrast and brightness looks totally different on the PC than in the iPad, so I tweak and rotate it there. They are made using only my finger and AudoDesk SketchBook Pro for iPad - at least until I can find a stylus in Switzerland.)

Attachments

• iPad Watson.jpg
    iPad Watson.jpg
    215.7 KB · Views: 1,787
Last edited:

Ghuda

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Really nice stuff, I draw, but never tried on any sort of CAD based medium, this might open the door. Thanks for the inspiration.

Ljcarr

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just bought artstudio this morning will post something when Im setup.

iPadGirl

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Thanks for pointing me to this thread, Numblock! Love the sketches posted so far. Here's a sketch (see attachment) I did of a friend's daughter, a week after I got my iPad.

App: Sketchbookpro

Pogo Sketch Stylus

Debbie

Attachments

• Picture 1.jpg
    Picture 1.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 420

Most reactions

Latest posts