Should wait for iPad2?

Discussion in 'iPad General Discussions' started by iFrog, Jan 16, 2011.

1. iFrog

iFrog Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +22 / 0
    I so want to go and buy me one iPad since Christmas but part of me is just telling me to wait for iPad 2gen. Its so hard to wait sometimes.... Should keep awating?
  2. j joy j

j joy j iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +16 / 0
    That's what I'm debating too. I've been on the fence and decided to see what the motorola xoom and bb playboot were about but the more info I see the more I know I want an iPad. I thought about getting a refurb from apple now and if I like the specs and pricing on the iPad 2 then I will sell my refurb and get the iPad 2. As well as apple products hold their value I figured I may be safe doing that.
  3. dogxa

dogxa iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    If you have enough patient to wait a Apple's product, please wait, Or buy one, right away.
  4. iFrog

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +22 / 0
    Yeah I'm trying to wait I just keep reading here and playing with the iPod touch for now lol. I hope I wait cuz I know it will be a lot better. Most of the times I just jump to fast into the stuff, this time I guess I will just hang tide and wait.
  5. Drewdinardo

Drewdinardo iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Wait! You wil get camera, better resolution screen, likely an sd card slot
  6. shuttlegoose

shuttlegoose iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    im having the hardest time waiting. I want to use it for school this semester!
  7. iFrog

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +22 / 0
    I'm having a hard time my self but it will be a good reward at the end. I sure hope so lol
  8. iFrog

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +22 / 0
    Man, I'm about to order one iPad (I think) the wait is driving me crazy!!!! I been going to best buy you to play with there iPads everytime that I go around there... LOL

Make you wonder if this is delay because Steve been sick (Anyway I hope he get well soon!)

Any good news about the future of iPad 2?
  9. tzimisce

tzimisce iPad Addict

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    I'm not sure there's actually a delay, since Apple haven't even announced the product yet, and people are only assuming that it might be an April release based on past history.

I guess for those of us who already own the iPad it's not too much of an issue, but if you were stuck between getting one now and waiting a bit more for the new model, it can be tough. (Personally, I've learnt to be patient with these things, rather than going for instant gratification. But that's just me.)
  10. Superbike81

Superbike81 iPad Addict

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    There hasn't even been an official acknowledgement saying that the iPad 2 is coming soon.

I would buy the cheapest iPad you can find now and enjoy it, maybe even buy used.

All the speculation about things like a higher resolution screen, faster processor, more memory, SD slot, etc is all simply speculation based on either nothing at all or very inconclusive "evidence."

Buy now, enjoy, and sell it for close to what you paid if you still want the iPad 2 when official specs finally get announced.
  11. thekarens

thekarens iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I had the same question and in the end I got a refurb from the Apple store. I have no need or desire for a camera and I doubt the screen will be any better and I'd be shocked if Steve allowed an ad card slot. The only thing iPad 2 will probably have that I would like is a faster or better processor, but this one does everything I need or want so I have no complaints.
  12. AceOsp

AceOsp iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Superbike81 has a good suggestion, i would get one now for as cheap as you can, you'll love it, even if used, then just sell it, get the ipad 2 if you can and want to part with it.
  13. Thphilli

Thphilli iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Agreed. I am looking longingly at the Motorola Xoom, and so I researched prices that the iPad's were selling for on Craigslist. People are paying freaking $450ish dollars for the 16gb wifi models. Its ridiculous.
  14. thekarens

thekarens iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    You can get a 16gb refurb for 420 at the Apple store. I got the 32gb for 500.
  15. Kargurin

Kargurin iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    $600 bucks for the Xoom wifi 32 gb. I've got a DroidX so I kinda know what to expect. Don't know if I want to fork that over since the iPad now has multitasking and better apps. Screen resolution is slightly better on the Xoom I think but not worth buying given what I now have with the iPad. Too bad the iPad 2 doesn't come with a better resolution....I might have jumped on that.
  16. freebirdforever

freebirdforever iPad Ninja

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +13 / 0
    The one thing moto, or anyone trying to steal ipad users and move them over to android is intact the apps. And the amount of apps most people have. Idk about y'all, but I sure as shit wouldn't want to pay twice for apps I already had on one device.
  17. Thphilli

Thphilli iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Apple will have the App Store advantage for a while, there is no arguing that. I would contend though that there is a LOT more to the Xoom than a slightly higher screen resolution. I dont know how/what you use the iPad for, so I can't say if the Xoom would be a better fit, but its certainly a more capable device with a more tablet oriented OS.
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2011
  18. Superbike81

Superbike81 iPad Addict

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    No one is trying to steal iPad users. All these companies are targeting the people who didn't pull the trigger on buying a tablet last year. It's plainly obvious on this site and others, that people who like the iPad aren't willing to give it up easily based on what you said, and whatever other reasons. There are a few of us though that will give up their iPad and ~$100 worth of apps (in my case) for a user experience that suits us better.

I'd rather take the loss on the apps than continue using a product when I know there is a better product (in my opinion) available to me.
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2011
  19. Kargurin

Kargurin iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I use a lot of financial and personal investment apps. I'll withhold final judgement till I see how this honeycomb OS optimizes tablet functionality. Btw I'll have to add one big beef I have with the iPad....lack of flash!
  20. DaveSt

DaveSt iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    lol. Tell that to all of us iPod Touch / iPhone users. Want the HD or iPad version? Time to pay a second time.