What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Should wait for iPad2?

iFrog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I so want to go and buy me one iPad since Christmas but part of me is just telling me to wait for iPad 2gen. Its so hard to wait sometimes.... Should keep awating?

j joy j

iPF Novice
Reaction score
That's what I'm debating too. I've been on the fence and decided to see what the motorola xoom and bb playboot were about but the more info I see the more I know I want an iPad. I thought about getting a refurb from apple now and if I like the specs and pricing on the iPad 2 then I will sell my refurb and get the iPad 2. As well as apple products hold their value I figured I may be safe doing that.

dogxa

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you have enough patient to wait a Apple's product, please wait, Or buy one, right away.

OP
iFrog

iFrog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah I'm trying to wait I just keep reading here and playing with the iPod touch for now lol. I hope I wait cuz I know it will be a lot better. Most of the times I just jump to fast into the stuff, this time I guess I will just hang tide and wait.

OP
iFrog

iFrog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm having a hard time my self but it will be a good reward at the end. I sure hope so lol

OP
iFrog

iFrog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Man, I'm about to order one iPad (I think) the wait is driving me crazy!!!! I been going to best buy you to play with there iPads everytime that I go around there... LOL

Make you wonder if this is delay because Steve been sick (Anyway I hope he get well soon!)

Any good news about the future of iPad 2?

tzimisce

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm not sure there's actually a delay, since Apple haven't even announced the product yet, and people are only assuming that it might be an April release based on past history.

I guess for those of us who already own the iPad it's not too much of an issue, but if you were stuck between getting one now and waiting a bit more for the new model, it can be tough. (Personally, I've learnt to be patient with these things, rather than going for instant gratification. But that's just me.)

Superbike81

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There hasn't even been an official acknowledgement saying that the iPad 2 is coming soon.

I would buy the cheapest iPad you can find now and enjoy it, maybe even buy used.

All the speculation about things like a higher resolution screen, faster processor, more memory, SD slot, etc is all simply speculation based on either nothing at all or very inconclusive "evidence."

Buy now, enjoy, and sell it for close to what you paid if you still want the iPad 2 when official specs finally get announced.

thekarens

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had the same question and in the end I got a refurb from the Apple store. I have no need or desire for a camera and I doubt the screen will be any better and I'd be shocked if Steve allowed an ad card slot. The only thing iPad 2 will probably have that I would like is a faster or better processor, but this one does everything I need or want so I have no complaints.

AceOsp

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Superbike81 has a good suggestion, i would get one now for as cheap as you can, you'll love it, even if used, then just sell it, get the ipad 2 if you can and want to part with it.

Thphilli

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Superbike81 has a good suggestion, i would get one now for as cheap as you can, you'll love it, even if used, then just sell it, get the ipad 2 if you can and want to part with it.

Agreed. I am looking longingly at the Motorola Xoom, and so I researched prices that the iPad's were selling for on Craigslist. People are paying freaking $450ish dollars for the 16gb wifi models. Its ridiculous.

thekarens

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You can get a 16gb refurb for 420 at the Apple store. I got the 32gb for 500.

Kargurin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
$600 bucks for the Xoom wifi 32 gb. I've got a DroidX so I kinda know what to expect. Don't know if I want to fork that over since the iPad now has multitasking and better apps. Screen resolution is slightly better on the Xoom I think but not worth buying given what I now have with the iPad. Too bad the iPad 2 doesn't come with a better resolution....I might have jumped on that.

Most reactions

Latest posts