What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Should wait for iPad2?

freebirdforever

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
senshudo.tv
The one thing moto, or anyone trying to steal ipad users and move them over to android is intact the apps. And the amount of apps most people have. Idk about y'all, but I sure as shit wouldn't want to pay twice for apps I already had on one device.

Thphilli

iPF Noob
Reaction score
$600 bucks for the Xoom wifi 32 gb. I've got a DroidX so I kinda know what to expect. Don't know if I want to fork that over since the iPad now has multitasking and better apps. Screen resolution is slightly better on the Xoom I think but not worth buying given what I now have with the iPad. Too bad the iPad 2 doesn't come with a better resolution....I might have jumped on that.

Apple will have the App Store advantage for a while, there is no arguing that. I would contend though that there is a LOT more to the Xoom than a slightly higher screen resolution. I dont know how/what you use the iPad for, so I can't say if the Xoom would be a better fit, but its certainly a more capable device with a more tablet oriented OS.

Last edited:

Superbike81

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The one thing moto, or anyone trying to steal ipad users and move them over to android is intact the apps. And the amount of apps most people have. Idk about y'all, but I sure as shit wouldn't want to pay twice for apps I already had on one device.

No one is trying to steal iPad users. All these companies are targeting the people who didn't pull the trigger on buying a tablet last year. It's plainly obvious on this site and others, that people who like the iPad aren't willing to give it up easily based on what you said, and whatever other reasons. There are a few of us though that will give up their iPad and ~$100 worth of apps (in my case) for a user experience that suits us better.

I'd rather take the loss on the apps than continue using a product when I know there is a better product (in my opinion) available to me.

Last edited:

Kargurin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thphilli said:
Apple will have the App Store advantage for a while, there is no arguing that. I would contend though that there is a LOT more to the Xoom than a slightly higher screen resolution. I dont know how/what you use the iPad for, so I can't say if the Xoom would be a better fit, but its certainly a more capable device with a more tablet oriented OS.

I use a lot of financial and personal investment apps. I'll withhold final judgement till I see how this honeycomb OS optimizes tablet functionality. Btw I'll have to add one big beef I have with the iPad....lack of flash!

DaveSt

iPF Noob
Reaction score

lol. Tell that to all of us iPod Touch / iPhone users. Want the HD or iPad version? Time to pay a second time.

Thphilli

iPF Noob
Reaction score

lol. Tell that to all of us iPod Touch / iPhone users. Want the HD or iPad version? Time to pay a second time.

Yea, that is ridiculous. One thing I have found on Android is that the apps are ridiculously cheap if they aren't free. I dont know if this will change with tablet apps though.

freebirdforever

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
senshudo.tv
Thphilli said:
Yea, that is ridiculous. One thing I have found on Android is that the apps are ridiculously cheap if they aren't free. I dont know if this will change with tablet apps though.

It will. You can pretty much guarantee it.

Macgirl

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I thought of the xoom, but just because I like over vthe air sync and updates ended up buying a cheap notebook for that yesterday 169.00 so I will buy the ipad2 when released.

Sent from my  iPad using iPF

Most reactions