Should I give up my search?

Discussion in 'iPad 2 Forum' started by hollowplague, Mar 17, 2011.

1. hollowplague

hollowplague
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    I have been trying days on getting the ipad2 from apple but no such luck. I know the wait time for online will take forever but I fear it will only be extended as sales are starting in the UK. Do you think the apple stores in the US will get more despite the lack of units for sale online?

2. JF7FSU

JF7FSU
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    I don't see it getting any better at all. If they had them, they would be selling/shipping them while it is so hot.

3. Tarkio

Tarkio
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    Don't give up now if you want one in the near future. Analysts from Piper Jaffray are saying that many needed parts specific to the iPad 2 are sourced from Japan. 2 primary suppliers, Toshiba and Mitsubishi Chemical, are currently shut down with the possibility of components being delayed until the end of June.

With the huge demand for new iPads even before the international launch, there may be major shortages ahead. I would buy one anywhere I could find it at this point.

This is all educated speculation of course.

4. KarlaMonique

KarlaMonique
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    I was just at the Apple store exchanging my iPad 2 for another one and they said the stores are receiving shipment everyday. My "home key" stopped working. They said they sell out right after they open so I suggest you get there before the store opens. Good luck!

5. Wolfpuppies3

Wolfpuppies3
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    No search at all, just order it

from Apple.com. Of course there is a waiting period everywhere right now for those who did not jump on March 11. Just order it and take a deep breath. It will arrive as advertised.

6. biobunny

biobunny
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Patience, will pay trust me. Wait for the shops to restock and then buy is what I recommend.

7. JasonFJ40

JasonFJ40
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    I gave up my search and ordered one online 2 days ago under the advertised 4 - 5 week prison...errr....shipping time. :) I found that I was spending WAY too much time calling Apple/Best Buy/Walmart and figured it would be easier to just be patient.

If you keep searching, I wish you the best of luck and hope you find one soon!

8. kctay

kctay
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    bingo!

9. mynameiserich

mynameiserich
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Going on a search tomorrow. Heard apple stores now have a small stock every day and will open an hour early to sell them. My local store said to get there hours early in line and if they have them in stock (are not allowed to say), then there will be a good chance I will get one. I am on a mission. I work til 1 am, will sleep by 2, and be out the door by 4 in search of an iPad 2. 3 more weeks until shipment and a week for delivery is just not happening.

10. HKWrite12

HKWrite12
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Addict

Thanks Received:
    I ordered on launch morning n missed the primary shipments. Waiting, alleged 3/22 shipdate then 3/31 so now I'm not holding my breath. I just check the site n my bank acct to make sure I don't get charged twice or bs'd out of my order. I can't bear going to stores n bn rejected. I rather know that I'm one of the million waiting by the door.