What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Should I buy this iPad?

cmdau92

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is it worth it? Could I sell in on eBay?

Attachments

• 2011-07-30 17.28.29.jpg
    2011-07-30 17.28.29.jpg
    383.7 KB · Views: 499
  • 2011-07-30 17.32.39.jpg
    2011-07-30 17.32.39.jpg
    345.5 KB · Views: 468

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't quite understand your post - the title is "Should I buy iPad", but the post says "Is it worth it?" and "Could I sell it on eBay?" So I'm not sure whether you're trying to buy or sell. However, iPad Forum does not operate a 'Classified Ads' section, so please - if you're trying to sell - don't attempt to advertise it here.

Tim

OP
C

cmdau92

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't quite understand your post - the title is "Should I buy iPad", but the post says "Is it worth it?" and "Could I sell it on eBay?" So I'm not sure whether you're trying to buy or sell. However, iPad Forum does not operate a 'Classified Ads' section, so please - if you're trying to sell - don't attempt to advertise it here.

Tim

I'm asking if it is worth to buy a demo unit. I included pictures if anybody has info on any differences between the not demo unit I would love to know.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
OK - thanks - now I understand. I'm sure you'll get some feedback soon.

Sorry for the misunderstanding...

Tim

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
My 2c's
ipad's stand up well to hard usage so an ex demo model shouldn't be a major drawback as it's solid state and the software's easy to update.
Batteries seem remarkably robust, so it's the condition of the screen and the price that should be your main concern.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think the previous poster means that demo units (is it from a Store) get a lot of abuse on their screens, so that's the part you'd have to inspect the closest.

Tim

K1W1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Whether you should or shouldn't buy it depends on the state of your finances, your desire or otherwise to own new things and the condition of the iPad and it's price in relation to a new unit.
You are the only person who knows those answers and nobody on any forum could advise you on those things.
If your question is a general one about buying ex demo iPads you should probably phrase it better.

OP
C

cmdau92

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Actually I am an associate in the electronics department at wal-mart and this unit has never been used(we don't have any space for displays) its being offered for sale at an amazing price so i just wanted to know if i should go ahead and get it for 399 or should i just wait? Now i've been trained over this item but not specifically on how to sell a demo unit lol since it has demo software on it could i just restore it in itunes to 4.3.4?

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
OK - different question. We didn't realise this was the issue. I'm not sure how the demo software on iPads is removed. I would have thought, though, that WalMart would want to do that; I'd be surprised if they released an iPad with demo software on it.

Tim

OP
C

cmdau92

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'd be surprised if they released an iPad with demo software on it.

Tim

That would be weird I think. If vendors started putting bloatware on iPads and iPhones, i can see us doing that lol. This just has preloaded apps and songs and contacts and a weird infomercial type screensaver that shows off the specs.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think the OP suggested it was an unused unit after all - it had been purchased by WalMart but never put on display.

Tim

Most reactions

Latest posts