What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

can i upgrade?

DavidNM

iPF Noob
Reaction score
But isn't there also a battery drain for the wifi? Does the wifi disable itself when the 3G is working?

Superbike81

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just for reference, I did a test for my last full charge, down to 5%. With Wi-Fi enabled the entire time, screen at 50% brightness, doing a mix of taking notes, studying my flash card app, watching YouTube videos, playing Plants vs Zombies, and browsing the Internet, I got just und 15 hours of actual usage time plus about 4 hours of standy. So Apple greatly under-rated the battery life, so I think you don't have to worry about 3G dropping the battery life to 6 hours.

OP
R

rorschach23

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i not really worried bout battery. was gonna get a hand-held solar charger anyway. i just want 2 know if i'd b able 2 upgrade w/o selling thru ebay or w/e. i pre-ordered it & got it the 3rd. any help? :(

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just for reference, I did a test for my last full charge, down to 5%. With Wi-Fi enabled the entire time, screen at 50% brightness, doing a mix of taking notes, studying my flash card app, watching YouTube videos, playing Plants vs Zombies, and browsing the Internet, I got just und 15 hours of actual usage time plus about 4 hours of standy. So Apple greatly under-rated the battery life, so I think you don't have to worry about 3G dropping the battery life to 6 hours.

I've had similar up times...I think apple rated it at high brightness.

Superbike81

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I saw one guy talking about getting it down to just under 6 hour battery life by playing constant 3D games with everything at max settings, all which downloading and installing apps in the background. Video is on Youtube.

Most reactions

Latest posts