What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Should I buy this iPad?

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
As I understand - after reading the OP's posts again....

WalMart bought several iPad2s to put on display. These iPad2s come pre-installed with demo software, put there by Apple.

WalMart ordered too many demo units and the OP has the option to purchase one that was never put on display.

That's all I understand....:(

Tim

jduncan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I would think you do could do a "restore" to return it to stock. The price is right. Heck if it doesn't work, it's Walmart. They take anything back.

Last edited:

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm still surprised that WalMart would release it with demo software installed, though.

I would have thought there'd be some restriction imposed by Apple .....

Tim

Kotja

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tim SPRACKLEN said:
I'm still surprised that WalMart would release it with demo software installed, though.

I would have thought there'd be some restriction imposed by Apple .....

Tim

You are correct, Tim. I am also an electronics associate at Wal-Mart and our iPad demo is specifically marked "Do Not Sell" by Apple. Demo units like that are typically returned to the manufacturer when we're finished with them. I'm amazed they're selling it. I doubt that Apple would cover it with any type of warranty though.

gedansky

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Buying an iPad can be a great way to get a terrific product and save money. But, you have to be careful, because pricing is all over the place.

I would suggest going to Apple.com and running a search on refurbished iPads. Last I checked, an Apple refurbished 16gb iPad, sells for $379 with a full 2 year warranty. But, if you look around, and are patient, there can be better deals.

Case-in-point... Verizon sold off their remaining iPad 1st gen stock for $200 for 16gb, $300 for 32gb and $400 for 64gb. Though no one else seems to have come quite as close to Verizon's blow out price, I think $399 for a 16gb of questionable warranty status, is too high, when Apple sells the same as a refurb with full warranty for less (with free shipping).

Hope this helps.

OP
C

cmdau92

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Buying an iPad can be a great way to get a terrific product and save money. But, you have to be careful, because pricing is all over the place.

I would suggest going to Apple.com and running a search on refurbished iPads. Last I checked, an Apple refurbished 16gb iPad, sells for $379 with a full 2 year warranty. But, if you look around, and are patient, there can be better deals.

Case-in-point... Verizon sold off their remaining iPad 1st gen stock for $200 for 16gb, $300 for 32gb and $400 for 64gb. Though no one else seems to have come quite as close to Verizon's blow out price, I think $399 for a 16gb of questionable warranty status, is too high, when Apple sells the same as a refurb with full warranty for less (with free shipping).

Hope this helps.

true. but i was thinking of the resale value in a demo unit not available to the public i know its the same thing as an original ipad 2 but the model MD002LL/A would make it worth more right? i might be wrong

thewitt

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The demo unit we received from Apple had to be returned...

-t

jduncan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
cmdau92 said:
Why less?

Less because you are taking a chance with it. Like buying a jail broke device, I stay away from those.

OP
C

cmdau92

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well I just bought an iPad 2 so ya this thread is now old

Most reactions

Latest posts