What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ship dates for Europe?

kheldour

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Has anybody seen a ship date for Europe (Germany specifically)?

Let's collect the information by country.

Thanks in advance

Khel

JohnnyApple

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Khel,

No one seems to have any specific date, just "late April" is all we are seeing.

DG~X

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Yup, i searched it and all i got was april 2010.:/ sorry.

OP
K

kheldour

iPF Noob
Reaction score
a friend of mine works for T-Mobile Germany and just snapped some info on the aisle where they (T-Mobile) are still considering to offer a subvention if you buy an iPad with a data-plan.

Maybe Apple is still negotiating with the carriers in Europe, what to offer. Especially Germany is still very, very strict with the one-carrier-policy.

Anywhere else Vodafone at least is offering the device.

Funny thing is, that you can get imported unlocked 3GS 32GB for €900, but if you just drive to Belgium, Italy or Czech Republic you can get the same device €200 less. And sometimes straight away from Apple....

On the other hand, Apple has changed their pricing policy for Germany about 6-9 months ago. Now you can buy most products for a adequate price in comparison to the US list price. i.e. MacBook Pro 15" is $1999 (= €1485), German price is €1799.

So I reckon that Apple's price for the iPad in Europe could be €449, €549 and €649.
We will see with what they will come up.......

Most reactions

Latest posts