What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sena Keyboard Folio Case Turns iPad into A Netbook

Maura

iPadForums News Team
Reaction score

Luxury leather case designer Sena Cases has come up with a leather case for the iPad that also incorporates an integrated Bluetooth keyboard, turning your iPad into a form of netbook.
The case is made of premium leather, with cut-outs for play-thru functionality, and features an integrated recessed collapsible back stand. Inside, the case has a soft velvet protective lining, plus multiple pockets for cards etc, with the iPad held in place by a secure flap with snap closure.

The integrated Bluetooth keyboard (V2.0) provides 45 hours of use, or 55 hours of standby time, and features function and sound/music control buttons. The keyboard is designed to be ergonomically sound with a low profile and soft buttons, and also has a water-resistant Silicone face. Charge and connectivity indicators are also built into the design.

The Folio Keyboard Case for the Apple iPad is available to pre-order prior to its October 7th release date from Sena online here and at Apple Retail and Online Stores worldwide for a special pre-order price of $129.99.

Source: Sena Cases

pallentx

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Why not buy a netbook?
Because you cant pull the screen out of a netbook and carry it around and use it without the keyboard. Unfortunately, this case doesn't give you file system access, USB access, or any of the things a netbook makes possible :)

Tinman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
For that price, a keyboard should be included.
It does include keyboard.

I was actually hoping there would a cheaper version that would accept the Apple wireless keyboard.

Michael

tosh.jc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Why not buy a netbook?

Netbooks take ages to boot from cold, they run slowly and they don't sport an impressive battery life. Also, they don't often have a touch screen, and those that might double as touch screen tablets don't have nearly the impressive interface seen on an iPad.

That's why I chose this over a netbook.

Tinman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How long will a netbook last when left on so you can get notified about new appointments, chat notifications, and whatnot? ;)

The more I think about it, the more a netbook is not like my iPad.

Michael

rspafford

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Very cool, but a little pricey for me. I'll wait and see how it plays out first, and hope prices went down across the web.

Most reactions

Latest posts