1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Second Gen Ipad

Discussion in 'iPad General Discussions' started by wakeboardin2k4, Nov 14, 2010.

1. wakeboardin2k4

wakeboardin2k4 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hey guys,

First post here.

I did a search and did not find much, which sort of answers my question. Other than the talk of the 7 inch ipad is there a SERIOUS plan for an ipad 2 in the near future? I want an ipad but if there is going to be an update with more ram and such than the current ipad I would prefer to have the "latest and greatest".

This I have not done a search for...Is there a bluetooth or wireless printer that works well for the ipad? I am looking to use the ipad for basically running my small business and I plan to take it with me everywhere. I hope to be able to print receipts for customers on site if the technology is available.

Thank you,
    Eric
  2. Dannyboy85

Dannyboy85 iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    The only print option is over wifi...with 4.2 so mobile printing is going to be pretty hard to swing....
  3. wakeboardin2k4

wakeboardin2k4 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Its interested to me that apple, such an innovative company that revolutionizes technology over and over does not make things like printing more accessible to their customers. From what I have read of some brands of smart phones are able to work with Bamboo printers. Maybe apple will hop on that train?
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2010
  4. Frezing Phoenix

Frezing Phoenix iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Printing looks like its a cinch with 4.2 [its used WiFi to share any printer that is on the Network or hooked up to a Computer I believe]

I hope iPad 2 keeps the same screen size [as what Jobs seems to have confirmed at an earnings meeting] but faster "guts" [RAM, then CPU...] and some cameras [for facetime and Skype], Retina display and mini-USB would rock [man while we are dreaming throw in a mini HDMI too!!!]
  5. gentlefury

gentlefury iPad Guru

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0
    There is no 7" iPad...that was all speculation (as are most apple rumors)...as for an iPad 2 I would expect it to hit just like every other iOS device....the iPad came out in April so I would expect next spring.