1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Screen replacement

Discussion in 'iPad 2 Forum' started by barbiehooty, Nov 12, 2012.

1. barbiehooty

barbiehooty iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    My boyfriend just replaced the screen on my ipad and he told me to leave something heavy on top of it for 24 hours after replacement so the adhesive stays put... Well I had to use it and forgot to put something over it for the rest of the night so it really only had something over it for a couple hours... Did I screw it up?
  2. Bacardi

Bacardi iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    has the screen lifted? i would of thought it would be ok
  3. barbiehooty

barbiehooty iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    So far so good... Except... Home screen button is no longer effortless to press but is really tough, you have to push pretty hard to he it to work... More of an annoyance then anything
  4. The OB

The OB Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +851 / 1
    OK, here are the scores, 10 out of 10 to boyfriend for initiative, willingness to please and tech savvy. For you, 9 out of 10 (mark lost for sheer disobedience) but good to see you still have a good workable iPad. And love your outlook in this matter
    All the best, The OB

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  5. scifan57

scifan57 Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,041 / 1
    Your boyfriend may have accidentally gotten some of the adhesive too close to the home button. Have you thought of using the virtual home button that appears in the top left corner of the screen, when activated?
    To activate it, go to Settings>General>Accessibility>Assistive touch, and move the slider to on. Here is my home screen with the virtual home button in the upper left corner.

image-1501816501.jpgonce it appears, you can drag it to another location, if you choose.

image-1103903466.jpgOops, it appears that a screenshot won't show the virtual home button. The instructions will work, however.
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2012
  6. barbiehooty

barbiehooty iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I did have to install the virtual home screen button... Thanks for the help!:)
  7. scifan57

scifan57 Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,041 / 1
    I'm glad it worked out for you. Don't hesitate to come back if you have any more questions.