What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Screen replacement

barbiehooty

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My boyfriend just replaced the screen on my ipad and he told me to leave something heavy on top of it for 24 hours after replacement so the adhesive stays put... Well I had to use it and forgot to put something over it for the rest of the night so it really only had something over it for a couple hours... Did I screw it up?

OP
B

barbiehooty

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So far so good... Except... Home screen button is no longer effortless to press but is really tough, you have to push pretty hard to he it to work... More of an annoyance then anything

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
So far so good... Except... Home screen button is no longer effortless to press but is really tough, you have to push pretty hard to he it to work... More of an annoyance then anything

OK, here are the scores, 10 out of 10 to boyfriend for initiative, willingness to please and tech savvy. For you, 9 out of 10 (mark lost for sheer disobedience) but good to see you still have a good workable iPad. And love your outlook in this matter
All the best, The OB

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
barbiehooty said:

Your boyfriend may have accidentally gotten some of the adhesive too close to the home button. Have you thought of using the virtual home button that appears in the top left corner of the screen, when activated?
To activate it, go to Settings>General>Accessibility>Assistive touch, and move the slider to on. Here is my home screen with the virtual home button in the upper left corner.

image-1501816501.jpgonce it appears, you can drag it to another location, if you choose.

image-1103903466.jpgOops, it appears that a screenshot won't show the virtual home button. The instructions will work, however.

Last edited:
OP
B

barbiehooty

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I did have to install the virtual home screen button... Thanks for the help!:)

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
barbiehooty said:
I did have to install the virtual home screen button... Thanks for the help!:)

I'm glad it worked out for you. Don't hesitate to come back if you have any more questions.

Most reactions

Latest posts