What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dropped some pixels... Replace or deal with?

cazohagan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.flowerphotosonline.com
About 2 weeks after I got my iPad 2 in July, I noticed that for no apparent reason, it had dropped a pixel - now it's a white dot in the middle if the screen, with a little white glow around it. I only really notice it when the screen is dark colours, although it is still visible when displaying a white screen - now for instance! I was annoyed but didn't know if I really wanted to swap devices - lose game data and stuff, just for one pixel... Then when turning it off, I noticed a glow at the edge of the screen near the speaker - in old CRT tvs this was the magnets in the speaker disrupting the screen a little. In old TVs it generally would continue to grow over time and be more obvious... a sign that you need to replace the tv...
Has anyone had these issues - do the apple store just replace under warranty? So far they've been awesome when I've had iPhone issues. are they things I should worry about?
Thanks guys :)

Last edited by a moderator:

DrHouse

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.ws4dl.org
Go for it. Pretty sure they'll help you get your data if they replace it. Apple Store is much more thn just a store...

Had a dead pixel on my iphone... Got rid of it by wiping my phone. It was pure luck as I did not know it could help as I was upgrading it to the next iOS version and the computer died while I was upgrading... Anyway, had to upgrade on another PC, which wiped my iPhone and had to start from scrach in my case.

The Apple Genius told me that often, it will work.

VicoPad addict!

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Agreed. I would take it to the Apple store for warranty repair or replacement.

Best of luck and let us know how it goes!

Most reactions