What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Screen protector

jtrosky

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You are very welcome.... I spent a lot of money and a lot of frustration trying to find a good anti-glare screen protector! No use of others going through the same thing! Good luck!

Gnatsum56

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Check out Powersupportusa.com.

Get the HD no glare (not crystal).

ABSOLUTELY the best screen protector yet! I have tried several, and this is the easiest to install and delivers the best results. No "spritzing" with soap&water, no fuss. Get a piece of dust? NO PROBLEM! Use a piece of tape to peel back the corner and another to remove the dust.

I see a lot of comments about frustration, this will make it all go away. Air bubbles easy to work out, nice clean slick surface with NO fingerprints!

I do not work for these guys, I am just an average consumer who truly appreciates a good product.

My second choice is ZAAG. Once you get over the initial frustration (this is a spritz program) and realize that the gas permeable membrane will indeed pass the micro bubbles with patience! It is a good second choice.

But trust me, don't think twice on the Power Support product. In fact - don't think once - JUST BUY THIS ONE! Don't waste your money anywhere else.

tzimisce

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Does the extra cost of a powersupport worth it? I don't really care about spending more money if the quality is really good.

I can't speak to the Powersupport, but I do use a Brando antiglare which costs a third less, and it works perfectly: easy to install, very fingerprint resistant and extremely durable.

With installing any kind of screen protector on a screen as big as an iPad, you need to have (i) a clean environment, (ii) clean hands (wash and dry your hands thoroughly) and (iii) setting aside the time 15-30 mins to complete the task (and making sure people around you also leave you alone). Alternatively, if you can get an extra pair of hands, it helps enormously when you are trying to position the filter over the screen.

I suspect that some of the botched installation jobs resulted from impatience and inexperience, rather than poor or defective quality of the filter itself. If you've never done it before, it can be a difficult task. (It helps to watch some of the how-to-do-it videos on YouTube first.)

jtrosky

iPF Noob
Reaction score
tzimisce said:
I can't speak to the Powersupport, but I do use a Brando antiglare which costs a third less, and it works perfectly: easy to install, very fingerprint resistant and extremely durable.

With installing any kind of screen protector on a screen as big as an iPad, you need to have (i) a clean environment, (ii) clean hands (wash and dry your hands thoroughly) and (iii) setting aside the time 15-30 mins to complete the task (and making sure people around you also leave you alone). Alternatively, if you can get an extra pair of hands, it helps enormously when you are trying to position the filter over the screen.

I suspect that some of the botched installation jobs resulted from impatience and inexperience, rather than poor or defective quality of the filter itself. If you've never done it before, it can be a difficult task. (It helps to watch some of the how-to-do-it videos on YouTube first.)

Agreed 100%! I must have installed 20 iPad screen protectors and I STILL have a hard time, even when I use all of the little 'tricks"! It's an extremely "delicate" process and can be very frustrating (especially when a single protector costs $35)!

about the Brando - does the anti-glare cause any noticeable degradation of the image quality (any pixelation-effect or anything like that)? That's where the PowerSupport model really shines!

tzimisce

iPF Noob
Reaction score
jtrosky said:
about the Brando - does the anti-glare cause any noticeable degradation of the image quality (any pixelation-effect or anything like that)? That's where the PowerSupport model really shines!

Unless you use the iPad, for example, with your eyes 2 inches from the screen, the pixellation is not noticeable under normal use. Obviously the display is different when compared next to a naked screen - it is much less reflective, the screen is more smudge and fingerprint proof - but I would not consider any of these as defects or degradation. Again, I think some users who bought a matte screen probably didn't know that's exactly what matte screens do - or perhaps they bought an el cheapo filter, of noticeably inferior quality.

ziggs

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a zagg IS, but not the anti-glare, as i'd heard there would be a lot of distortion with the AG I had best buy put mine on. It took about 20 minutes in all. The bubbles disappeared after a few days, but there is a very slight orange-peel look and a bit of shrinking around the edges. Still, with a grandchild and two cats lurking about, I would be very nervous using my iPad without it. I will look into getting a clear protector for the back too.

Most reactions

Latest posts