What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Screen Goes Black?

Jay Marvin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
After using an app, and closing it, my screen goes black, and won't come back until I hit the home button. Any ides what's going on here?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Weird, which means trying the usual weird stuff solutions.

Restart: Hold down the power button until the power off slider appears. Slide it off. When the iPad finishes shutting down, hold down the power button again until the Apple logo appears.

And if that does not work then:

Reset: Hold down the power and home buttons until the Apple logo appears. The iPad will reboot. This usually takes a bit longer than a restart.

OP
J

Jay Marvin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'll give those things a try and let you what happens.

DrHouse

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.ws4dl.org
It happened to me with an app (just don't remember which one) after upgrading the iOS version. It was a video app like vimeo or Netflix... Anyway, an update was available in the following week to fix that issue.

Some apps can crash when exiting, leaving you with a black screen. The fact that you have to press the home button to return to the home screen suggests that the app is actually crashing while exiting, thus still running in a frozen state...

Some pointers:

- you are using an old iOS version
- you are using the latest iOS version and some apps have compatibility issues
- you have a jb device with something causing apps to crash while exiting (a tweak, backgrounder, etc...)

VicoPad addict!

OP
J

Jay Marvin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sorry! My screen goes black right after an app is done running. Apps freeze st time, the cursor jumps around when trying to use maill. Last question.when you remove an app is it really gone?

TANKS,

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Okay. Try the "tried and true" first step suggestion for an iPad that's acting wonky. Do a full reboot: Hold both the power and home buttons until the screen goes dark and the Apple logo then appears (the slide to unlock screen may or may not appear). Once the logo appears, release the buttons. After a time, your homescreen will appear. Please note that it may take some time for the Apple logo to appear or for your homescreen to appear (or both). This is normal. Eventually, the homescreen will appear.

Fixes a large amount of initial iPad troubles...

Yes, an app is really gone if you delete it from the iPad. Except, of course, that it's in iTunes if you've ever done a sync or a backup. Oh, and now you can check purchases in the App Store.

So, yeah you can delete it from the iPad (and from iTunes). But you can't delete the App Store record of it.

Hope that helps.

Marilyn

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sorry! My screen goes black right after an app is done running. Apps freeze st time, the cursor jumps around when trying to use maill. Last question.when you remove an app is it really gone?

TANKS,
You posted this exact same problem back on July 7th.

My advice? If you're still having issues contact Apple or take it to a local Apple store.

I'm merging this thread with your original.

Most reactions

Latest posts