Scratched Screen

Discussion in 'iPad Mini Forum' started by ladymindful, Jan 25, 2019.

1. ladymindful

ladymindful
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    i stupidly dropped the ipad and now the screen is scratched. Not major just enough to be distracting. Any suggestions what I can do? Also, is a replacement screen expensive. Thanks in advance.

2. scifan57

scifan57
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    A replacement screen from Apple will cost about half the price of the iPad when new. You could hide the scratch by using a screen protector. The newest iPad Mini is several years old And the repair cost will be more than its current worth.

3. Brian 244

Brian 244
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    Third party screen replacement is always an option. Look for a reputable repair shop. Cost may range from $75-125.

4. Lilly John

Lilly John
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    3 months before I had bought an iPad and by mistake, it got dropped from my hand on the floor and unfortunately, the screen got scratched. What to do? Is there any replacement warranty. I had also searched Facebook for the answer but didn't get any proper answer. Please help me.

5. giradman

giradman
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Wizard

Thanks Received:
    Hello - welcome to the forum! Comments have already been made, plus the model iPad you own and its warranty, especially AppleCare, are important - take a look here iPad Repair - Official Apple Support for Apple's advice. Dave

6. scifan57

scifan57
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    The standard warranty does not cover accidental damage. If you purchased AppleCare+ with your iPad you have coverage for 2 instances of accidental damage subject to a fee of $49.00 for each incident. AppleCare+ - iPad - Apple (CA)