What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Broken LCD display iPad mini 2

alessyo49

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have some misunderstanding for some seems like a stupid question, but it is possible to destroy the LCD display of an iPad mini 2 without destroying its touchscreen (digitizer)? I ask this because my son's tablet has many colored vertical lines on the screen and I went to service and the boys there told me I lost the warranty because the LCD display shows mechanical blows. I mention that the touchscreen is the same as the whole tablet, does not show any scratches or cracks or it was dropped or hit, basically looks like it was new.

Brian 244

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I've seen it happen many times. The lcds in the minis are very fragile. Some drops or pressure will damage the LCD without hurting the glass. The tricky part during repair is trying to remove the touchscreen to replace the LCD without breaking the glass.

Most reactions

Latest posts