What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Saving MP3 file from Mail into Music on IPAD PRO

Lannie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Morning, new person here. I have a lot of tech back ground and a new IPAD PRO that I love. I am trying to use it as much as I can as a laptop replacement (thought I have a MacBook Pro). Is there a way that anyone knows of to save an MP3 file from the Mail app directly into the MUSIC app on the IPAD PRO. I have been reading and searching but I don't seem to find anything. Thanks for any help.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hi Lannie - transferring music between computers and iDevices has always been limited w/ few options - agree w/ Scifan.. regarding the use of iTunes; of course, music can be purchased and downloaded directly to an iDevice (and that music can be copied to a computer's iTunes library, using an app such as iExplorer - follow link below).

But out of curiosity, I just emailed myself an MP3 file from my laptop, opened in my iPad's Mail and was able to download and play the file, but when I pressed the icon the dialog box shown below appeared - sending to 'Music' was not an option and tapping 'Save Attachment' brought up iCloud Drive only (possibly a consideration for some).

NOW, if you want to transfer other types of files, such as photos, then see a previous thread of mine HERE - Dave :)
IMG_5151.PNG

Most reactions

Latest posts