Saving apps with an upgrade

Discussion in 'iPad Hacking' started by Java, Jan 4, 2011.

1. Java

Java iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I just bought a jail broken iPad. It is running 3.2 . I'd like to install the latest apple updates and at this point don't really need the advantages of a jail broken iPad (after I master apple I will think about learning about jailbreaking).

Can I simply do the update from apple and that will clear the jail break?
    Since I have not yet done a backup to iTunes will I lose the apple app that have been downloaded from the apple app store?
    Will I experience any problems if I do a backup to iTunes, install the Apple update then do a restore from iTunes.
    I'Ve got some apps from the Apple app Store that the previous owner installed and would like to keep them (I assume since I didn't purchase the apps through my account I I can't download them again at no charge).
    Thanks for any advise.
    Java
  2. sch

sch iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    OK, I'll have a go at this:

Can I simply do the update from apple and that will clear the jail break?

- Yes

Since I have not yet done a backup to iTunes will I lose the apple app that have been downloaded from the apple app store?

- No, app etc purchases are associated with your Apple account, not the hardware.

Will I experience any problems if I do a backup to iTunes, install the Apple update then do a restore from iTunes.

- No, in fact iTunes will do a backup first, then update the OS.

I'Ve got some apps from the Apple app Store that the previous owner installed and would like to keep them (I assume since I didn't purchase the apps through my account I I can't download them again at no charge).

- Those apps belong to the previous owner's account, so they will not transfer to you and will be deleted.

Cheers,