What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jailbreak and OS update

hirschhs

iPF Noob
Reaction score
K, so I have 4.3.3 jail broken but I need to install the new ebook authoring app which will only install to 5.1. If I now upgrade to 5, will I lose the jailbreak? And will I lose the Cydia apps already installed? Presumably the dropbox backup will be invalid...

sic0048

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Your timing couldn't be better because the the iPad2 iOS 5.0.1 jailbreak was just released (the iPad1 was already jailbroken). So you should be able to move up to 5.0.1 and then jailbreak immediately.

OP
hirschhs

hirschhs

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks sic0048! In fact I did that as I hadn't got any advice - ignorance is bliss! Just for the sake of any others who, like me, aren't experts and may not have the time to do all the research necessary: you can update to 5.0.1, I backed up using PKGBackup first and then immediately jailbroke. I found I was missing a very useful app (MxTube) and I was able to go the PKG backup and just select that to restore! All in all, a very successful and rapid transformation!

wyonana

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What is jailbreak ? I don't understand anything your saying? Talk about ignorant!!

xIkx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You can read everything about jailbreaking in the sticky jailbreaking explained thread.
It is the basis of almost all ipad hacking.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts